GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting the helmets custom painted... not just some pin-striping but a full on paint job.

Anybody here want to share your designs?

For reference... I have an 06 Titanium GL1800 and Silver SyMaxII's.

I'm looking to add a splash of color somehow. Let's see what you guys have done. :)

Bob

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I would check with teh helmet manufacturer first. While it might not still be the case {new materials?} at one time some shell materials were said to react unfavorably to some paints.

I prefer white helmets. Whether it can be proven or not, I 'think' they are marginally cooler and some motorists mistake me for a LEO when they see the white lid in their rear view mirrors.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Will go good with Ape Hangars!

8ball motorcycle helmet

Bald Head Motorcycle Helmet

Bowling Ball Motorcycle Helmet

Brain Motorcycle Helmet

Diamond Motorcycle Helmet

Lady Hair Motorcycle Helmet

Globe Motorcycle Helmet

Golf Ball Motorcycle Helmet

Male Head Motorcycle Helmet

Nude Bum Motorcycle Helmet

Tennis Ball Motorcycle Helmet

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I was going to get mine custom painted, but the graphic designer I found at the rail yard said I would have to buy 2 cans of Krylon!!!!!:eek:4: Sheeesh, I can afford that in this economy. I nabbed some of the wifes high dollar toe polish and will do it MYSELF!!!!:shrug: I just want it to match my Carhart!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I USED 3M REFLECTIVE TAPE AND DID BOTH MY HELMETS WITH IT / VERY DIFFERENT AND SAFE TOO

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If you do a WRAP. IF you can dream it it can be done.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
If that design and color attract a woman I'd hate to see what she looks like or is wearing.
I was visualizing something similar... Tats on tats, scabs on scabs, thongs on slabs, etc. Yuck. :joke:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Here's my baby.... Custom painted by Rick Briggs, Factory painter for Arai Helmets, and the Suzuki Race team. This was done 10 years ago. Lots of wear and tear on it. Only use it to show now. Tom :doorag:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts