GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the 2019, can anyone tell me if custom routes can be imported into the Navi gps?

·
Registered
2018 Tour DCT
166 Posts
Yes, you can import routes. The file name should not contain any spaces and it should also be a .gpx file. Up to 99 waypoints are allowed and up to 15 different routes can be saved on the Goldwing system. Routes can be loaded onto the Nav system from a flash drive and if desired, existing routes can be deleted or overwritten. You can find more info in the Goldwing Nav Manual.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Another pointer you may want to heed is don't use any gps "hard points" (Phil's BP, or Maggie's restaurant). Change the point just slightly, and the software you are using will probably give the point a coded name. For some reason the Honda GPS doesn't like proper names.

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
YES

however they do NOT include going off road and crashing in the desert!!!!

LOL

Mattbcnv

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
New to the 2019, can anyone tell me if custom routes can be imported into the Navi gps?

I know I'm not addressing your question, but I have to ask. Did you pull the trigger on a 2019?? And if so, where are the pics? :wink2:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
also...very important. honda considers way points as destinations not "pass by points" it will reroute you to that way point if you miss it, incessantly. make sure you place EVERY way point on the road and in the case of split lane highways, on the side of the road youre traveling. youll also need to check avoid highways, etc... in the bike menu otherwise honda will change your routes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts