GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several threads in here on Custom Seats the past few days but I'm looking for some information that might help me decide on which one is the best ( sizing wise). I'm not looking for a debate about which one is the "best" but rather which one do you have, why and are you happy with it.

For those that do already have a seat can you supply the following information............if I'm not being too forward asking for that. I don't have the luxury of trying "one on for size and fit" so I'm hoping you can help me out..

1) What's your inseam measurement?
2) Ball park weight?
3) Did you adjust your seating position from the stock saddle with the new seat?
4) What type of padding, fit and finish did you get and why?
5) what type of options did you get, what didn't you get that you wished you had gotten and did the options you got..........do you like them or are they now a "pass, don't get this option" type thing.
6) Who did you finally order the seat from and what swayed your decision in the purchase process?
7) Heated or not heated?
8) Generally are you happy with what you've got or would you do it again with another manufacturer---same manufacturer?
9) Any other info you want to supply to the rest of us about buying a seat?

I ask as I see some custom seats on the board for sale, so I'm assuming people bought a new custom seat but don't like it/doesn't fit etc...........or for whatever reason. I really don't want to fork over that much cash and find out I don't like the seat and since I can't try one on for size, I'm asking the questions.

Your help is greatly appreciated................signed the "frugal seat buyer"

Cheers.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ultimate has a 14 day return policy

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
What can help is your sizes .....so similar sized owners can chide in. Example...I'm 5'11, 210lbs but I love the Ultimate King over the Midrider even though their sizing chart recommends a Midrider.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, good idea.

I'm 6'0" 250lbs, 32 inch inseam. I ride two up with the SO on long trips, she's good with the stock saddle.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ttt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts