GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the opportunity to actually attend "RICKMAYERCYCLE" in Anderson California, to have a truely custom seat made. Not a custom seat that is "custom" so long as it is the style, colour(s) shape that the maker makes for everyone, no matter what. i.e. seats that come from the "bin"or a "diamond" company,lol.
The leather optioned seat took about 2,000 miles to "break in" but what absolute comfort.
I have had seats made by others, but NONE compares to the workmanship, and rider comfort that one receives when (if) you are fortunate enough to actually attend and have a seat custom tailored for you, and your passenger.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Ditto what Pearl Blue said...

My Rick Mayer saddle is great!

....and so was the 4000-miles round trip to get it done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
yep. no doubt a truly custom seat is the way to go - especially if you need to reposition yourself up, down, back, forward... i put a day-long on my 02 and it was buttery smooth. actually, my 02 is on their website's home page. i have a nov 2 date for a custom saddle on my 05 and i can't wait to get there.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
He made me a seat for my Concours a few years ago.
Yup it looked great.
But the foam he used was very soft and immediately crushed all the way down to the pan when I sat on it.
I called him and explained the problem. He replied, "I'm an expert; I know comfort. You wouldn't even know if you were f***ing comfortable! Who are you to tell me my job??? Just send it the f**k back!"
Wow. I sent it back.
He called me and appologized; said he had a bad day. Said he'd rework the seat and return it.
The seat came back to me and it was flatter but just as soft. Horrible. I couldn't ride the bike with his seat on it.
I returned the seat to him and he sent me a check. The check bounced; I had to pay a fee to the bank.
He sent me another check. Then he called and asked me to wait a week before cashing it. It cleared after that but I was still out the shipping money and bank fee.

I asked Mark and Mike at Diamond to make a seat for Connie after that and it came out very comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts