GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered two sets of parts for my goldwing from a company (it doesn't matter who) online.
I received an automated email that said my parts would be shipped in 7-10 days. Sounds good to me.

So I waited and at 7 days sent a polite request asking for a status on my orders, I wanted to make sure there were no issues and everything was on schedule as expected. I received no response to my request for status

So I waited a few days and sent a second polite request for a status on my order. I received no response again.

I then had a death in the family (my grandmother 95 years old) and spent the past 5 days with family and forgot about the parts.

When I got home last night I had hoped I would have parts sitting at my door exited to be put on my bike, but there was nothing.

I have since sent a third polite email this morning asking for an update on the status of my parts. I am now waiting..........

Once I have these parts I will not do business with this company again.

Customer service for me is critical it is like the difference between a waitress that fills your coffee cup without asking and the one you keep trying to wave at to ask her to bring you more coffee, but for some reason they don't get it. They also do not get my business again.

Now if only the company I am buying these parts from would catch a clue and simply tell me if there is a back order and when I should really expect them to be shipped to me. I is this so difficult to understand for some business?

Dale

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You know, I'm wondering if you should call. While there's no excuse for the delay, I'm finding that a surprising number of businesses just don't do well with email. While I find it an incredibly convenient tool (I can send you info/questions when it's convenient for me...you can get back to me when it's convenient to you)...and I can use my Droid so I always can respond and/or get you what you need...some people just don't agree.

I'm glad you didn't post the "who" since it usually results in 60 posts about why they're good or not...but this issue is pretty common sadly, and not just with MC supply companies.

Let us know if you do get something back and how?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The local bank was robbed today. The suspect had no disguise on at all. He or she appeared to be a regular person by all witnesses. However, authorities are not going to release the description to the public because they don't wish for them to be identified.

How dare someone post a topic here that may result in 60 replies.

·
Banned
226 Posts
If they cashed the check say who it is. If you or I sold something we didn't have we'd be locked up for fraud. If they haven't taken your money your complaint is moot. You could have called before making your order to ensure it was in stock. A lot of companies on the Internet are just middlemen and are having the products drop shipped to you by the manufacturer. Unless I'm saving quite a bit on line, Get it from a local retailer. If I need to return it or have warranty issues its easier to deal with a real person, in person. Another trick I use is look at a item at the dealership to see if I like it and then buy it online to save the money.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The local bank was robbed today. The suspect had no disguise on at all. He or she appeared to be a regular person by all witnesses. However, authorities are not going to release the description to the public because they don't wish for them to be identified.

How dare someone post a topic here that may result in 60 replies.
I think you're missing his point, but know you're missing mine. You're the type of gent that makes me love this board. I'm going out for a swim. Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Scooter, you cut me deep. By the way, it's type of gent WHO not THAT. Enjoy your swim.

LOL, thanks. All that wit and an English major too. ;)

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I've ordered quite a few items from HDL our sponsor and from Wingstuff. I am loyal to our sponsor as much as possible but Wingstuff carries some products they do not. I like both vendors.

I have ordered parts from our sponsor once or twice and did not receive them within the standard generic expected time so I called. I got a satisfactory answer, they were waiting to receive the part which was backordered from their supplier. No big deal. I understood. I waited patiently. They had not charged my card.

Busy internet vendors have a limited number of telephone sales reps. I assume they do not have time to read endless dumb or poorly written emails and answer every stupid question they receive so I call. I get an immediate answer that way.

Some times items normally available and shipped promptly are not available. It happens. Life is good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not to promote Wingstuff over another vendor, but I'll
relate my experience with them so far - on a couple of occasions,
I have had them send me an E-mail telling me that something
was backordered, and gave me the option to cancel,
then when it came in they notified me it was
on the way... and they didn't charge my credit card until it was shipped.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I chose not to put the vendors name up here because in the past I have seen the bias of those that love a vendor or hate a vendor and will not consider the actual issue because of their bias foror against them.

If I had put a name I would be flamed because of it by some who would never believe that it was their fault and it must be some how my fault.

I also agree with the comment that with email I can write it on my time they can answer on theirs, I could have picked up the phone but the email was simpler and in this day and age should get the same results.

I am not in a hurry per-say to get these parts (it is not keeping me from riding) but it would be nice to know the status of an order that is now a week past due from the date they promised.
Dale

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Dale

This is 2011...there is no excuse not to respond to emails in a timely fashion

Regardless of the vendor I would agree...no more business

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Dale

This is 2011...there is no excuse not to respond to emails in a timely fashion

Regardless of the vendor I would agree...no more business
:agree:
There are too many vendors who do answer email---buy from someone else--right after you cancel the order

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
By not naming the vendor. Someone else may order from them. :wrong: Why allow this vendor to screw someone else! :wrong: If a phone call to them gets things straightened out. Tell us that also! :thumbup: Tom :biker:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Sounds like my luck with a popular vendor around here. I will use them on occasion now, but never if I need it in less than 3 months. I thought I was the only one with luck like that. I am sure they don't lollygag with all their customers, cause they wouldn't still be around.

I hope you get your order soon.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I received an email notification today that one part shipped on the 10th
Based on the UPS tracking information UPS doesn't know where there deliveries are made from it has now arrived in Warwick RI for the second time in two days.

I would still have appreciated an email response from Direct Line Parts and have to-date not received one regarding my second order.

Warwick, RI, United States 08/13/2011 5:41 A.M. Arrival Scan Chelmsford, MA, United States 08/13/2011 3:52 A.M. Departure Scan Chelmsford, MA, United States 08/12/2011 11:43 A.M. Arrival Scan Shrewsbury, MA, United States 08/12/2011 10:48 A.M. Departure Scan 08/12/2011 10:20 A.M. Arrival Scan Warwick, RI, United States 08/12/2011 9:07 A.M. Departure Scan 08/12/2011 2:34 A.M. Arrival Scan Parsippany, NJ, United States 08/11/2011 9:59 P.M. Departure Scan 08/11/2011 6:43 P.M. Arrival Scan Columbus, OH, United States 08/11/2011 8:19 A.M. Departure Scan Columbus, OH, United States 08/10/2011 11:25 P.M. Arrival Scan St. Clairsville, OH, United States 08/10/2011 9:15 P.M. Departure Scan 08/10/2011 7:27 P.M. Origin Scan 08/10/2011 4:02 P.M. Pickup Scan United States 08/10/2011 2:29 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I had a chat with my local dealers service manager a few months ago about internet price matching from another dealer.

We talked about sales tax and how some offer very low to free shipping depending on the total amount or the order placed.

Well it seems he listened because I placed three orders recently "over the phone" and they matched the internet prices for stock part numbers I gave them without any verifying from the internet dealer.

I just pay the CA sales tax as anyone would in their state.The beauty of it all is I get a "call when the parts are in" .normally in 2-3 days. :thumbup:
No one can beat that!

I should of asked them about tires too when I picked up an order yesterday after a ride..

·
Registered
268 Posts
I received an email notification today that one part shipped on the 10th
Based on the UPS tracking information UPS doesn't know where there deliveries are made from it has now arrived in Warwick RI for the second time in two days.

I would still have appreciated an email response from Direct Line Parts and have to-date not received one regarding my second order.

Warwick, RI, United States 08/13/2011 5:41 A.M. Arrival Scan Chelmsford, MA, United States 08/13/2011 3:52 A.M. Departure Scan Chelmsford, MA, United States 08/12/2011 11:43 A.M. Arrival Scan Shrewsbury, MA, United States 08/12/2011 10:48 A.M. Departure Scan 08/12/2011 10:20 A.M. Arrival Scan Warwick, RI, United States 08/12/2011 9:07 A.M. Departure Scan 08/12/2011 2:34 A.M. Arrival Scan Parsippany, NJ, United States 08/11/2011 9:59 P.M. Departure Scan 08/11/2011 6:43 P.M. Arrival Scan Columbus, OH, United States 08/11/2011 8:19 A.M. Departure Scan Columbus, OH, United States 08/10/2011 11:25 P.M. Arrival Scan St. Clairsville, OH, United States 08/10/2011 9:15 P.M. Departure Scan 08/10/2011 7:27 P.M. Origin Scan 08/10/2011 4:02 P.M. Pickup Scan United States 08/10/2011 2:29 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
I also had what I feel is poor customer service from Direct Line. I will try Wingstuff next time.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Dan is the man to talk to if you have any issues with DLP.

If you have any questions that I can help you with please call me @ 888-258-6699 ex 228
[email protected]
Had you tried to call him,I bet the issue would of been taken care of before you had typed your complaint (3 times) here.

DON'T ever count on a immediate response from an email.They have many many many other things to do ,and talking to a real person will get results if it's the right person.

I can't begin to count how many times I ask to speak to a supervisor.First contact people aren't the best to get a problem resolved in many cases.:eek:4:

Yes customer service sucks sometimes,why it happens when YOU WANT something is a good mystery..
But not talking to the owner or person who can fix what is broken does you nor the company any good.:shrug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts