GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another bout of CRS...

Can anyone help here?

I recall seeing a link to one of the after market seat makers who sells a cut down version of the passenger seat back. It doesn't stick up over the "hump" on the trunk top but, rather, tapers down a little bit. Does my description make any sense?

Does anyone know who that seat maker is? I'd sure appreciate the help. Thanks guys.

Hope you all have or had a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
M&M, and Joey Downs:

Thanks guys...that was it...right on the money. How cold I have overlooked Hal!?!?!?!

You've been a big help.

The BOARD always RULES!!!

MC&HNY

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Whatever you do, DON'T GET ULTIMATE...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nando said:
Whatever you do, DON'T GET ULTIMATE...

With all due respect Nando, I have an Ultimate on my VTX and on my Wing, and am very happy with both.

But, as always, to each his or her own.

Mack

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have the Ultimate backrest, and my wife loves it, says it's much better than stock.. gives her a better angle, more padding..
price isn't bad, either.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Well, I had Ultimate on my X and thus, got one for the Wingabego

When I was dealing with Des, Ultimate seemed more user friendly to me. I have not been able to contact him about my problems with the seat fro over a year in spite of repeated emails

I was promised a rain cover that took over year to get to me and when it did, it was for another bike, not the Wing, and the cover was slightly torn at that...endless, emails with BS feedback--no solution

Several people wrote me pm with bad stories about dealing with Ultimate when I have addressed this issue. Leading me to think the problem with the company is beyond my particulars

The bottom line: my seat is ruined cause Ultimate seats do not handle rain...which is a dumb thing for a motto seat...the back rest has gotten wobbly with time (1.5 years). I should have left my Kury back rest on

I have the short version of the Wing seat. It is really neat looking , but now flattened to "no good" status because of the rain....My X seat also got flattened...I dont think their product has enough quality attributes for a motorcycle seat.

I am just reporting this because several people have had same experience...I know this board has saved me from getting junk stuff before, so I am just returning the report...If you had good luck with Ultimate I am glad for you...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nando and others:

My original question was about the passenger seat back, not the entire saddle. I'm just interested in the low line seat back.

I assume that it matches the stock saddle. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. Has anyone experienced any fit and/or finish problems with the passenger seat back?

Joe-flash: Is the seat back a bit more upright than stock? Is that how the SO gets more room...or is there just less padding in the lower back area?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts