GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed my rear tire has a cut on the face of it about 3/4" long. Dug out a couple sharp rock fragments and the cut is almost 3/8" deep, Tread is about 1/4" deep. Tire is a Bridgestone 704 with 7000 miles. There is no leak. Should I trust it or replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it were me , (just my opinion)I would go ahead and replace it . It could start to seperate when the heat builds up in the tire. It wouldn't take much for something else to re-enter that same cut place and maybe cause a blow out.
Better to be safe than sorry and have peice of mind about having good tread on your tire. Rubber is cheaper than Skin.:eek:4:
Buzzsaw

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Agree with the rest. replace

·
Registered
17,041 Posts
Tire in photo looks shot anyway and the whole carcass is not 3/8" thick out in the middle.

prs

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
If it were mine, I'd replace it.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'll agree with the others, replace it!

But if you are brave, and a little crazy, and a cheapo like me. Poke a hole all the way:eek:4::22yikes: . . . I'm just kidding so I ain't even going there! Replace it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would definitely replace it. Your safety and well-being is not worth trying to skinflint on a tire with a cut. If it were just a small nail, that might be different, but not a cut.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Looks like it's about unanimous for a REPLACE so far!:thumbup:

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
:agree: Now, what should he replace it with? :shrug::popcorn::popcorn:
a tire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Another vote for "replace it".

Hmm. I notice that half of those with an opinion (so far) have replaced theirs with... oh, never mind.

At least we'll feel safer!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:agree: Now, what should he replace it with? :shrug::popcorn::popcorn:
Do you want me to say, so this thread gets moved?:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Replace it. You don't want that tire going flat while you are doing the boogity boogity boogity!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts