GL1800Riders Forums banner

Cut off by a cager? Here's a solution!

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  jake4440 
#1 ·
#13 ·
i have aiways thought about putting a bomb on the bike that would only go off when there was no chance of survival . it goes off when more than 50percent ,or over 50mph the bike is being destroyed. kind of like a kamakaze. take the cager with you.

#14 ·
For those above who question the recoil problems of the scooter..that is a recoiless rifle (Korean War-era weapon)..no recoil. You wouldn't want to be either infront of or behind the thing, since the backblast is the equal of the muzzle blast, and would tear you up into little pieces. I have some experience on the M104 recoiless (4" shell), and you could actually fire it balanced on your shoulder, although I don't really think I would try that. The thing has a 50cal rifle mounted on top, and fires tracer rounds with the same ballistics at 1000 meters as the big bullet. You fire the 50 tracers until you bounce one off the target, then squeeze off the big one. Needless to say, without pre-aiming, there is no practical way to do a surprise attack. The last ones in active use in the US Military were on the Ontos tracted vehicle which had 6 M104s mounted on top, several of which were removed and served/are serving in Guantanamo Bay Cuba. That's where I got to use one.

Ride long and safe..now if I could get a rear-facing CIWS mount, that would indeed be something.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

#17 ·
Lewis/EC said:
According to the thread, the recoilless design is what allowed it to be mounted to the scoot. Those silly French....

How would you aim it? Let air out of the back tire?

A little known fact about that setup, it only had reverse.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.