GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading about all the gloom and doom of cycles sales world wide in 2008 and so far in 2009 predications,
it doesn't look good for the cycle company's that aren't diversified with other products.

So the question is:

"Who is set up better to weather this economy better for cycle manufacturing,
Harley who makes just cycles in America,
or Honda who is diversified in cycles, autos, along with lawn and garden and other products?"

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Any strong company with a good upper management will surive.
Taht is just my openion.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I visited one of the local Harley dealers here in New Jersey. I did not go there to purchase a new motorcycle, but to see about a upcoming event that they are sponsoring. We spoke for a short time and I asked how business was. I was told they sold 38 motorcycles in the month of February, along with accessories sales were good also. I had asked if the sale of 38 motorcycles in a month is good, and he said its about normal. I am guessing that in the tough economic times we are in there is still enough money in peoples budgets to purchase their TOYS. Perhaps there will be less money spent on vacations, or the money spent on the new motorcycles was from saving $$ in the past. I can not compare this to Honda's sales as I have not visited a dealer lately. How the upcoming months will be its anyone's guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts