GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an genuine Honda GoldWing Cycle Cover and used it for the first time today. I have to admit it was pretty easy to put on and take off. I hate to wash the bike so to reduce rain grime this was a good trade off.

The question is when you get off the bike and put the cover on do you slip it over the already pretty hot exhaust pipes? I wasn't sure it would be able to handle it so I didn't but I am sure someone has tried this right after dismounting.

Stay Alert

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I use the $20 XL cover from Wal-Mart and have on many occasions put it on after just getting off bike. By the time I get everything unhooked, unplugged, helmet/gloves off, luggage removed (if on a trip) and the cover out...it has cooled enough for use of the cover.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
:agree:....what transformer said!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Personally, I would not trust ANY cover to be adequately protected from the heat of the exhaust pipes (yes, even those claiming to be "heat resistant"), at least for the first 10 minutes after shut down.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Always let mine cool down for hours to avoid any dampness building up under cover...When it's cool I put my 17.00 ebay cover on..it's a xxx large and covers everything down to the floor..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Mostly it's only the tail pipes that are exposed and they don't take too long to cool so even a cover without the silver heat coating would be fine. It's the pipes that come right out of the engine that are HOT and would require being careful what touches them.

I cover the bike and the cover sits just under the plastic so the mufflers show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts