GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying this heated jacket liner.....It is their house brand "Sedici"......$169.95 with a free heat controller (a 59 dollar value)....

Anyone have any experience with Cycle Gear's house brand heated clothing??

·
Registered
633 Posts
I also endorse this product made by Sedici but lifetime warranty from Cycle Gear. On my initial purchase I had bought a size too large and only realized this after a New Years day ride. I called my local Cycle Gear store (Knoxville,TN) and explained what I had done and even though I had worn it for a couple hours they gladly exchanged for a smaller size.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have had mine 3 years, i use them with wireless controllers, no problems what so ever. They will run them on sale in the spring for $119.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer is? I've been patching my old Gerbing's for a while now need to start thinking about some new heat.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I don't remember which brand it was, (gerbings or tourmaster I am thinking) but we were comparing our jackets which we had both just purchased, they were the same jacket, just the wiring connections were different.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've used one of their heat controlers for 3 years. Finally lost its OFF click, but still works fine. Using a Gerbing jacket. Very nice too.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer is? I've been patching my old Gerbing's for a while now need to start thinking about some new heat.

I have done a search and the only thing that came up was Sedici by Hotwire.....I'm going to do a chat on Cycle Gear's website and see if they can answer....They came up with a quick answer when I asked about the wattage rating, it's 83 watts with a max draw of 7.8 amps.

I'm going to buy the heated jacket liner, mainly because Cycle Gear seems to be a good vendor to do business with, plus a lifetime warranty on the item....

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Cycle Gear Heated

I have done a search and the only thing that came up was Sedici by Hotwire.....I'm going to do a chat on Cycle Gear's website and see if they can answer....They came up with a quick answer when I asked about the wattage rating, it's 83 watts with a max draw of 7.8 amps.

I'm going to buy the heated jacket liner, mainly because Cycle Gear seems to be a good vendor to do business with, plus a lifetime warranty on the item....
And they have stores just about everywhere with Customer Service A1

I have the Jacket-Pants-Glove liners without issue but I only used them one winter but they were flawless! I kick myself for not trying heated gear sooner!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had the full first gear setup (less gloves) and hated mine. Talked to a guy at cycle gear where i bought them and even after 2 years they were willing to give me my money back. If I could have found the receipt I would have something else. They even looked through their computer but a system change lost records at a certain point. They actually work well enough now but only since I upgraded to a bike with a faring and a good alternator like the gold wing. They weren't capable of functioning on a bike with a faring the size of a postage stamp and with a little alternator like the Kawasaki ZRX.

It actually worked pretty well but only after you top about 80 miles per hour. I just didn't want to have to try to explain to the LEO that had to pull me over for speeding that it was so cold that I had to go 95 in a 45.....

I like cycle gear and am tossing around the idea of upgrading to their Sedici gear if I only had extra monies...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I used my new Sedici heated jacket liner and gloves yesterday. It was 40 degrees when I left and I quickly had to turn the gloves and the liner down to it's lowest heat setting. This stuff works great. I went to the Cycle Gear store to buy the gloves because they were on sale for $119 and change and wound up buying the liner too. It was $135 and change with the controller. With the lifetime warranty and the price, plus the stuff works, I don't see how you can go wrong. Thinking about going back and get the foot warmers also. If you can connect them without using the pants, I probably will.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
New Low Price

I purchased 2 jacket liners last week in the Tamarac, FL store. They are very light & thin. They work great on the lowest of 4 settings.
Select high and you will be well done :22yikes:.
Yes it is cold in central Florida on the slab at 45 degrees Fahrenheit while riding at 80 MPH :nojoke:.
Latest advertised sale price for the jacket liner, controller and fused direct connect to battery is at $127.49.
I did install a 40 AMP relay in line to handle both jackets on the direct battery connect. I used a quenching diode on the relay coil since I use low beams to trip the coil (takes 16 AMPS off battery when cranking engine ). Necessary to prevent any arcing on low beam relay :shrug:.

Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I won product from Gordons Heated Gear
The Gerbing family back in the business.
http://gordonsheated.com/

I like mine and I think they are having a special right now...?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.