GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking for information about the cooler rack on the tongue of my Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer. I have never seen one in use & have some questions.

What size coolers can it handle safely?

What is the best style of cooler to use?

What is the best way to secure it?

Any other advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

·
Registered
268 Posts
The cooler rack works really well. It will fit all sizes and requires only two bungee chords to hold the cooler. I have used one for years, great product, try it, you,ll like it. George

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My used Cycle Mate came with the cooler setup. I couldn't even tell you the size in quarts but if you must know I can go out and measure it. It'll hold a bag of crushed ice and at least six one liter bottles of soda with no problem though.

The ice chest that came with it, is a soft sided one with a zipper closure top. There's a tray that fits into the top that helps it hold its shape. The chest fits into a black vinyl "sheath" with another zippered top that matches the bra and fender trim on my Cycle Mate.

The cooler mount itself is comprised of two metal bars that if you look down the length sort of form a Z shape. The bars are adjustable and the top angle of the Z on each side pushes into the soft sided cooler to help hold it in place.

It fits well enough that no bungees are actually needed, but after having to go back down the freeway to pick up my cooler one day (it was empty at the time), I've started using a bungee to help. There are three holes in each bar for use with bungees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts