·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone enlighten me on the pros and cons of the cycle-mate trailer

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have had a cycle-mate 1000 for several years and it's nothing fancy but works well. Tows fine for me and make trips easier since we aren't trying to squeeze everything into a saddle bag. We don't use it all the time but we do use it sometimes just going for a ride with a stop at the store in the plan. More than once we did grocery shopping and loaded a 50 pound bag of dog food and other stuff in it so we could enjoy the ride and still take care of shopping.

There are more expensive units and depending on your need you may want something fancier or flashier but for me it's a good fit. :thumbup:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have had two Cyclemates and they are a fine basic trailer. Currently have a CM2000, pulled it over 7000 miles last year without an issue. Will do the same as a $5000 trailer, just may not be as pretty. If you are riding two up on a week trip it is a must. Its a lot easier to pull the weight than to haul it on the bike. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
cycle mate

I have a cm2000 and have pulled it about 15k miles no problems, tires still good at 15k, I bought this trailer used replaced the wheel bearings 24 dollars for a complete kit at a local trailer shop they are standard used on many small boat trailers etc, also bought new tires complete with wheels 26 dollars apeace these are also avaiable at wally world should you need a replacement on the road any questions send me a message will be glad to answer any questions you have Howie you can also send me an email [email protected]

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a CM2000 bought used towed about 2500 miles last year tows great no issues. As stated you can get wheels and tires at Walmart
or if looking for Chrome Wheels harbor freight has them at $60 each with tires. Not a bad deal.

Again a nice trailer for the $$

·
Registered
571 Posts
My Cyclemate Windraider pulls perfect
holds two full size suitcases standing up
Very light feel...we are going home tomorrow
using it...894 miles

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I've had a CM 2000 for about 8 years. I bought it used for $650. The only things I've done to it are new tires, new LED side marker lights, and carpeted the inside. The tires are a standard size that can be found at most Wal-marts, Menards or Harbor Freight stores. I spent less than $50 for both tires and wheels last year. It is a basic trailer that will keep things inside dry if it rains. I'm not sure what a new one costs but when mine was new they were about $1500. I have pulled it over 30,000 miles since I've owned it. It doesn't have a snap in suit bag or a tongue mounted cooler (not that I'd want one due to the added weight on the tongue) or air suspension but it also didn't cost $5000 either. I know some will say you get what you pay for but in this case I disagree. Would I buy another Cycle Mate? YES!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Cyclemate CM-2000 and I love it......10,000 miles later and I still love it! No issues, pulls straight, upgraded lights with LED's and forget about it! :agree:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Had a cyclemate years ago locks went bad one day flew open going down the road and it opened from the side, scared the hell out of the wife traded it for a Starlight loved it later got A Dart Trailer other than the locks which I understand the fixed that problem was a GOOD TRAILER>

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Other than the lock setup, it's a great trailer. I bought mine from a friend and just sold it to another friend. I ordered a new Escpade Elite.
I have towed the CM200 at 90+ MPH on occasion and constantly at 80 MPH and it towes like a dream.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I still own after 13 years, we love it. but after 10 years i always wanted a Escapade trailer so in the fall 06 i got a great deal on a left over 05.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Love my Dart

Tows like a dream no effort, and reliable.

Tires and wheels are cheap enough Wal-mart or harbor Frieght.

Maury:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Time Out sells the new style single lock for $60.00 Friend I sold mine to converted his.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts