GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there own one of these? It is all made in the US and has good reviews on the web site. That being said it does cost a $100.00 which is fairly salty as how there are some available around $35.00. It would be nice to hear from some wing owners who have used this product.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cycle pump

Richard, I'm glad you asked that question. I've been looking at the same pump and balked at the price tag. It would be nice to know what we get for the higher price as compared to the $35 models.
Like you, I await the replies.

·
Registered
262 Posts
air pump

I brought a cheap one at a discount store,
don't use it much
I helped a couple of fellows that had low tires,
just to get them to a shop

If it goes bad buy another for less than $10

My two cents worth

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've got one and I love it. I purchased the kit with the tire plugger included. It pumps fast. I have even aired up the car tires with it. I'm not sure it is worth the high price, but I am very happy with mine. I have had it about a year, and use it all the time to keep the tires at 41/41. Price may high, but this one will work very well for you.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I bought a $12.00 air pump at Wal Mart... carry it everywhere.. have pumped at least a dozen and a half tires in the last year.. still works like a champ..
but if you pay more... its gotta be better .. Right ?

cosmic

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have tried the cheap pumps, and have never been satisfied. They generally melt or just plain quit when I needed them most. I have the cycle pump, and it works great, and I know when I need it I can count on it to work.

Not trying to put anyone down here, but it occurs to me that the average wing owner puts 20 to 25 thousand into the bike, another 2 to 5 thousand into a trailer, 2 or 3 thousand (minimum) into chrome and goodies, Lord knows how much into travel expenses, and then worries about a 100 dollar air pump????????

No offense intended to anyone, but I don't get it.

Regards August

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just purchased a Cycle Pump, no experance with it yet other than just playing around. Sure appears to be a quality piece of gear, I have used the cheap ones and they just don't las't. Will report back later.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My sons' got me one for Christmas last year and I had to use it during our West trip this past July in Montana.
It worked great! I've had a couple of the cheaper compressors, one burning up in just a few minutes of
use on a car tire. They can get really hot!!! This one doesn't get but warm to the touch.

It stows nice in the trunk atop the CB and always with the bike.

I recommend it

·
Registered
310 Posts
I received a Cycle Pump for my birthday, from my family this past Oct.!

I feel it is worth the extra cost for a few reasons.

First of all it is built to last, second, it is repairable, that means a lot to me!

The third reason is, it fills up tires faster than any other motorcycle or bicycle pump on the market!

Does anyone have a safe, and easy way to use the nice plug on the GL1800, versus the clips which entails getting at the battery which might be difficult on the side of the road???

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG

·
Registered
393 Posts
Rick Mays,
the Slime pumps that you have seen melt, were they used for long periods of time or long periods of time?
I just bought one to fill up my rear shocks on th trike, but that won't take but a second of pumping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts