GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a Cycle Pump as a gift for my birthday, and will give my review on it at a later date!

Meanwhile, can someone direct me to the site where it described how to hook up a cigar liter to operate such a unit??

Furthermore, what is that wire's use, in the left front pocket ? What would plug into that?

Jonar G., the original WHITEFANG

·
Registered
911 Posts
hi jonargreen....if you use the search function of this message board, you should be able to find info on installing a 12 volt accessory socket...they will install in the left pocket, and some also install them in the trunk...not too hard to do...the wire you're probably referring to in the left pocket is the "aux" input wire for the stereo...you can hook up mp3 players etc and play thru the bike stereo...ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If you have a battery tender plugh on your battery go to walmart and for 3 bucks you can get a cigarettee plug to the 2 prong. even if you don't this is the way i would go.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You cannot use a compressor on the cigarette lighter adapter because the wiring will not take the amps, it is only a 5 a fuse. Use the tap for your float charger to power the compressor. As Divemaster said buy one from Walmart.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello I have a power outlet in the trunk that is hot all the time (for charging when stopped/other) It is a cig lighter with a rubber cover thay snaps on when not in use I was in walmart & seen it in the auto/truck it is for mounting in/near the bed of a truck..Used a 15 amp fuse & grounded to the frame under the seat....chuck..instaled in the top of trunk to the left of the remote senser

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I bought a air compressor from Wal Mart... got the plug in that goes in the left pocket. all plug & play. (from E.Conn.) it DOES work plugged in there... i have pumped up more than one tire without any issues....

cosmic

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the set up like Dive Master described. Had it on my VTX and just moved it to the wing. Also use it for charging phone. Just keep it coiled up with my tools pull it out when needed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts