GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pass this along...
Changing out my stem bearings to All Balls today and discovered that his stem tool is also an excellent driver for the bottom stem race-

Place the stem tool backwards on a 1/2" extension and use old race upside down on the stem tool 'ridge'. You'll see that it drives it on with ease. If you placed the race in a freezer overnight its nearly 'like butter'!

AG GL

(Cycledude- This will no doubt triple your stem tool sales but no need to send me a piece of the action! :lol: )

·
Registered
21,049 Posts
AG GL said:
Just thought I'd pass this along...
Changing out my stem bearings to All Balls today and discovered that his stem tool is also an excellent driver for the bottom stem race-

Place the stem tool backwards on a 1/2" extension and use old race upside down on the stem tool 'ridge'. You'll see that it drives it on with ease. If you placed the race in a freezer overnight its nearly 'like butter'!

AG GL

(Cycledude- This will no doubt triple your stem tool sales but no need to send me a piece of the action! :lol: )
if my sales tripled just think of the gas i could afford for the wing LOL

interesting discovery, sounds like it would work great ! thanks for the tip !

Buckskin the guy that sells chrome wheels on an exchange basis for very reasonable prices in the classifieds sent me a drawing to have a tool made for this job, i had it made in the same machine shop that has been making the stem socket, it's a 3 piece kit that will do both bearings and has a pipe to fit over the stem, it has never been used but if someone wants to test it let me know, flat rate shipping each way would be about $8.50

1 - 2 of 2 Posts