GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do you guys replace the tires or do you just buy new tires already mounted on rims? If I didn't have chrome wheels, I'd just buy new tires and wheels already mounted. Any recommendations on where to get new tires and/or chrome wheels?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
you didn't say what size but Tractor Supply carries small tires without having to buy wheels. I know they carry them for my Escapade they are 4.80 X 12

·
Registered
487 Posts
So do you guys replace the tires or do you just buy new tires already mounted on rims? If I didn't have chrome wheels, I'd just buy new tires and wheels already mounted. Any recommendations on where to get new tires and/or chrome wheels?
When I was buying new tires for my Travelite camper I had to buy new rims also. I would have had to order the tires and they were almost as much as the rims too...go figure. The only thing is the new rims wouldn't take the baby moon hubcaps that came with my camper.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you didn't say what size but Tractor Supply carries small tires without having to buy wheels. I know they carry them for my Escapade they are 4.80 X 12
The tires are 4.8 x 80-8" and the wheels are four lug.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Tractor Supply has a 4.80-8/4, which appears to be the size you said and is mounted on the wheel Part #0303068 Price 59.99

Tire only 4.80-8 LRB (whatever that is) Part # 0303018 Price 37.99.

Found it on their website www.tractorsupply.com

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harbor Freight had new tires & chrome wheels for $42.99 each, on line. Decided to go that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts