GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent email 2 weeks ago and no reply. Tried calling and recording "mailbox is not accepting messages because voicemail has not be set up".
I guess I will find someone else. Now stuck with product and no returns, only out 125.00

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
https://cyclemax.com/

OK, we are back!! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. And we appreciate your patience while we try to get all of your orders shipped as quickly as we can.
:roll:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Their site states they have been on vacation.

OK, we are back!! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. And we appreciate your patience while we try to get all of your orders shipped as quickly as we can.

A number of you have asked us why we stopped accepting Paypal. Well, there are many reasons that we would love to stop accepting Paypal permanently but, we only stopped accepting it temporarily for the following reason. We contacted them to tell them we would be closed and on vacation for two weeks so that they could make a note in case there were any issues. They told us that we would have to respond to any questions within 24 hours. We repeated that we would be on vacation. They said "Won't you have access to a computer?" We said "No, we will be on a beach of a deserted island." They told us that that would be a problem. So, we stopped accepting Paypal for two weeks. Problem solved. It has now been reinserted to the selection of payment methods.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sent email 2 weeks ago and no reply. Tried calling and recording "mailbox is not accepting messages because voicemail has not be set up".
I guess I will find someone else. Now stuck with product and no returns, only out 125.00
Try them again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have purchased from them multiple times without any issue. They are a very small outfit and very old school. They will make good on your issue. No doubt. Try to be patient

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Their site states they have been on vacation.

A number of you have asked us why we stopped accepting Paypal. Well, there are many reasons that we would love to stop accepting Paypal permanently but, we only stopped accepting it temporarily for the following reason. We contacted them to tell them we would be closed and on vacation for two weeks so that they could make a note in case there were any issues. They told us that we would have to respond to any questions within 24 hours. We repeated that we would be on vacation. They said "Won't you have access to a computer?" We said "No, we will be on a beach of a deserted island." They told us that that would be a problem. So, we stopped accepting Paypal for two weeks. Problem solved. It has now been reinserted to the selection of payment methods.
Looks like this post pretty well explains all. Hope they had a great vacation. I have done business with them, and will gladly do so again, if needed.
Thanks

Reactions: lyle doverspike

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this is the case they should invest in a better phone system recording like "I am sorry but we are on vacation, even though you can't leave a message call us when we get back on the? Or an autoresponse for emails like I do when I am out of the office. "I am out of the office and will return emails on the 2nd? or whatever. Really do not care how small you are, no reason not to set up an effective communication front end. I know, I have owned a service company for the past 35 years. When NASA calls they do not want to hear a full or messed up mailbox.

Reactions: maxthrust

·
Registered
153 Posts
If this is the case they should invest in a better phone system recording like "I am sorry but we are on vacation, even though you can't leave a message call us when we get back on the? Or an autoresponse for emails like I do when I am out of the office. "I am out of the office and will return emails on the 2nd? or whatever. Really do not care how small you are, no reason not to set up an effective communication front end. I know, I have owned a service company for the past 35 years. When NASA calls they do not want to hear a full or messed up mailbox.
HAVE DONE NO BIZ WITH THEM BUT AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENTS In general COMPLETELY.

·
Registered
89 Posts

They did have an announcement/statement on their website about the vacation downtime, I had seen it...:shrug:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Please let us know how you make out. In addition to above posts regarding vacation I remember seeing a notice that there is one day per week when they don't answer phones, focusing solely on shipping.

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I was told Cyclemax is only 2nd to WingStuff for Parts purchased & sold! They aren’t going anywhere . . .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tried calling today, I get a automated answering machine that tells me dial 7 for the company directory, then after that it says that extension does not answer, please enter another extension, round and round we go with no way to leave a massage only to hear that extension does not answer please choose another extension. This is too much

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Tried calling today, I get a automated answering machine that tells me dial 7 for the company directory, then after that it says that extension does not answer, please enter another extension, round and round we go with no way to leave a massage only to hear that extension does not answer please choose another extension. This is too much

I was trying to stay out of this but I realized that you are too much...
Reading comprehension is obviously something you lack. All the information about them being on vacation was clearly shown on the home page of their website prior to and during the vacation. If you had taken the time to visit it instead of slamming them here by starting this thread, you would have known what was happening. And again, instead of visiting their website, you continue to slam them. They are truly one of the best retailers available to Goldwing owners. So just so you are aware, this was taken from the bottom of their web page:

Wed- Showroom/Phones Closed

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I was just going to post, so you waited for the day they don't answer their phones to call them?

You really seem to be going out of your way to disparage them...what's up with that?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just going to post, so you waited for the day they don't answer their phones to call them?

You really seem to be going out of your way to disparage them...what's up with that?
Ever hear of an answering machine where you can leave a message, yes they are available today. Or replying to your emails WHEN you get back from vacation. I run a service company and this would never fly with my customers. I don't care if you are closed M_W_F and take off for vacation every month just call me back(you will need a means to leave a message) or reply to my emails, is that really too much.

Reactions: Largeandy

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have no opinion on Cycle Max as have not dealt with them but in general some sales companies have websites that are just horrible to use and difficult to get responses to. Most outfits have decent to great websites to use but all are NOT created equal. Same goes for phone and voicemail answering systems, some of them are horrible to use and very half baked. When the pain exceeds the pleasure of use, I just don't use them unless I have too. Why any company who relies on online sales would have anything but a website or phone system that is easy to use is plain stupid. Good website design and phone system design is imperative in that world. Efficiency and use of ease is paramount.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mr. WAGEE,

Have you been able to reach Betty or Gary at CYCLEMAX?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts