GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ultra Mesh 11 suit and I am wondering how other owners are cleaning gear. Wayne said machine washable, but front load washer, which means laundy mat for me. I have read about using special soaps also.. I love this gear and want it to last long time so if other people can share best way to clean and soap to use I would appreciate it.. Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
kevlar motoport

I have the same thing but in Mesh.
It's pretty much indestructable. By all means go to a laundrymat and use one of the big machines. You don;t need much soap at all, and then just air dry if. If it is brand new and very stiff, put it in a big commercial dryer with very very low heat and let it tumble for an hour. You aren't trying to dry it you are just loosening it up. And you do not need to remove the pads to wash or dry.

Great product - some say, perhaps the best. I have an Aerostich one piece and the Motoport Kevlar Ultra II mesh and I much prefer the Motoport. I am not aware of any other product that is all kevlar.
Some have Kevlar stitching, or kevlar this or that.......motoport is ALL kevlar which is why it is so expensive, and worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the 2 piece mesh and just throw it in the laundry tub, let it soak a while then take a big scrub brush and go over it to get the bugs off it & hang it up to dry.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Follow the manufacturers instructions! The material properties of Kevlar, like any other synthetic fiber, are often degraded by exposure to heat, ultraviolet light, and chemicals. After exposure to these conditions the fabric may still look fine but have reduced performance. Play it safe so that if you need the material to protect you it will still perform as new.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I have the Ultra ll Kevlar Air Mesh. While in North Dakota, I went over to a laundromat and used one of their big side load washers, put in 25% of the recommended detergent (Tide, no bleach), and let er rip, on Gentle cycle.
Took it out, put it in the car and rode to the hotel.

Hung it up to dry, and, by morning, good as new. Smelled Tide Fresh also. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts