GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of this look? The lights cover the ugly 'HONDA' on the head covers. The head cover emblem trim is plastic. Each emblem costs $28.00 so if it all went to heck I could replace them for $56.00. (The lights cost $3.00 each)

If I go with this approach I'll probably change the front reflectors from amber to red LEDs.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Valve Strip that I bought was something rediculous like 258.00 So I will keep mine til they fall off. But I like your Idea alot.....Joy

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Looks good, Shooter!

I'd be careful about changing the reflector colors up front.

The usual standards are for Amber on the front half of the vehicle, Red to the rear.

Here's the appropriate wording from the WA state code:

RCW 46.37.100
Color of clearance lamps, side marker lamps, back-up lamps, and reflectors.
(1) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

(2) Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

(3) All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except the stop lamp or other signal device, which may be red, amber, or yellow, and except that on any vehicle forty or more years old, or on any motorcycle regardless of age, the taillight may also contain a blue or purple insert of not more than one inch in diameter, and except that the light illuminating the license plate shall be white and the light emitted by a back-up lamp shall be white or amber.
I hope to have a new product available soon for a similar application.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lights are from Auto Zone, J C Whitney sells them too.

9/16" x 6"

The emblem is attached with double face tape. I plan to attach the light with several small screws to the plastic emblem. I will route the wires behind the emblem to the front lower cowl.

Since the plastic emblem doesn't get hot enoug to melt I suspect the wire won't melt either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts