GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, had to push up our departure date 24 hours for our jaunt to Western Colorado and Utah. (Now I know how Eisenhower felt when deciding D-Day at Normandy.) My riding buddies were convinced it was going to rain today. I got up before daylight so I could watch the first drop. Guess what? No H20 yet and here it is pert near 10 a.m. We did, however, get some rain last night. I heard the pitter patter of rain droplets as they landed so gently on the roof top and cascaded down my stopped up rain gutters. Gonna have to clean those things one of these days… soon as I conquer my fear of height. Told my riding buddies that we are going to get wet somewhere along the route. That’s a given. Might as well start out wet. Looks like someone would have invented windshield wipers for motorcycles by now. Oh, that’s right, they have… they are called a “garage.” I know there is some pretty country out Utah way. Gene Autry wouldn’t have made a movie out there if it were not. And to think, I have wasted a day’s supply of Monkey Butt powder.”

Tomorrow morning (Tuesday), we plan to leave bright and early. Bout 8 a.m. Most folks will be at work (if they have a job), all the kids will be in school. Traffic should be light and variable. Only nut’s like us will be on the road. So, be careful out there. Cya in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
It is looking like you should have some great weather. Just a chance of a shower here and there but mostly sunshine. In Colorado, expect mornings to be in the 30's at the higher elevations and in the 60's during the day. Utah should be warmer except for similar at Bryce Canyon and over Boulder Mountain (UT-12). Aspen are turning at higher elevations, so you should see some great sights.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Wingnutts. How about "FOG?" Is that a concern? Saw a fideo that was kinda spooky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts