GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the Dunlop D250 and D251 front tires? Both are 130/70/R18. Can a new rear D250 be safely mixed with a new different brand front tire; i.e. Stones, Metz, Elite III, etc? I always read each person's own opinion and then make my own decisions. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
rickatwork - Yes. you can mix different brands of tire without any real problems despite what some may have you believe. None of the manufacturers will admit it but lots of people do it without any trouble at all. Heck, some are even running car tires on the back, now that's mixing brands!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Dunflops in the front: DON'T DO IT!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Yellow Wolf one of the best wing riders likes a stone front and metz rear. He runs the gap everyday. I dont like the D250 when its raining

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly appreciate all the input! After reading these responses and a LOT of the other tire threads here, I decided to order a new set of 'stones to replace my almost 15K mile stock D250s. Still a fair amount of tread left on front (starting to cup), but rear is fairly well worn down. Probably could go another couple thousand miles, but ...... Again, many thanks!
PS: I have an almost new (-500 miles) D250 already mounted and balanced on a very nice wheel. UPS to any lower 48 address for $210 (???). Make me an offer!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yep can't stand the Dunnies. Just the only tire I've had on my bike with good wear and no wobble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts