GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have always been a bit leary of cheap insurance

the concern is will they payoff when needed

a few folks i knew said dairyland was a good company, and they are a part of the huge sentury insurance company

well, we needed them recentl;y, our valkyrie interstate had been vandalized at a harley event

the damage was over $5600, all inflicted with a knife to almost all the paint, and the seat

i got an estimate at a high priced local honda shop, their solution was to buy all new honda supplied parts, with factory paint

after an adjuster came to take photos, they dropped a check in the mail for the entire amount, minus the $250 dedictable for the comp claim

they didnt even figure salavge value for any take off parts

daiyland held up their end, and more

·
Registered
270 Posts
Try calling them on a weekend.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Glad to hear that Loren. I saw what damage that knife did to your wifes valkyrie at the Wisconsin breakfast in the Dells. Some people just do not understand, it's about riding, not what your riding on.

EZ Reiter

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Hey Loren,

That is good news to hear of a great hassle free setlement.

I have Dairyland through Vetesnicks and after reading some of the latest posts on insurance I will be re verifing some things. I have heard that because they sell it they are very good when it comes to claims for your bike.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jwen said:
Hey Loren,

That is good news to hear of a great hassle free setlement.

I have Dairyland through Vetesnicks and after reading some of the latest posts on insurance I will be re verifing some things. I have heard that because they sell it they are very good when it comes to claims for your bike.
in my case, that was 100% true

i had vetesniks do the estimate, and walked over to the desk to gave the insurance girl the police report and estimate

dude from comapny came over to my garage a coupoel days later, took photos, and the check was issued two days later

of course the next guy will have a different story

but in --my case--it was as painless as possible

·
Registered
399 Posts
Totaled an 1100 in 01 and they paid for it.....replaced my riding gear,boots,gloves,helmet,jacket and pants.......bought it back for $280. Fixed it up for $200 and rode it for another 40k miles .........And they never jacked up my premium.....I think they're great.......joy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts