GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's renewal time and my Foremost policy is rising. Comparing the exact coverages of Dairyland, Dairyland adds $5,000 worth of accessory coverage vs $3,000 for Foremost. Foremost includes towing and Dairyland doesn't, otherwise all things are identical. There is almost $100.00 difference in cost and Dairyland is the low cost. I haven't had any claims, but I've never dealt with a more polite group than the folks at Foremost. Has anyone had a negative experience with Dairyland?

I've only compared Dairyland, Foremost, and Markel, but the Dairyland price is by far the best. TIA

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Dairyland has been very good for us, we had a $5400 vandalism payoff on our Valkyrie Interstate, and a $12000 payoff on Lauras vtx crash.

Low rates dont mean squat, if they dont payoff, when you need them.

I highly rate Dairyland-Sentry.

·
Registered
863 Posts
foremost was my highest quote. nationwide and geico were the lowest of 5:

·
Registered
850 Posts
I just change to dairyland from progressive. They saved me around $1,200 a year

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Foremost is owned by Farmers Ins Group. If you have a auto insured with Farmers, they have a great rate on Goldwings.

Dan L

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
It's renewal time and my Foremost policy is rising. Comparing the exact coverages of Dairyland, Dairyland adds $5,000 worth of accessory coverage vs $3,000 for Foremost. Foremost includes towing and Dairyland doesn't, otherwise all things are identical. There is almost $100.00 difference in cost and Dairyland is the low cost. I haven't had any claims, but I've never dealt with a more polite group than the folks at Foremost. Has anyone had a negative experience with Dairyland?

I've only compared Dairyland, Foremost, and Markel, but the Dairyland price is by far the best. TIA
I don't know if you can get "Rider Insurance" in PA or not, but it would be worth your while, IMO, to check into it. Rider insures only motorcycles and your policy includes a towing package and $8,000 in accessory coverage. Their premiums are very reasonable especially if you have more than one motorcycle insured with them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just make sure Dairyland is recognized in your State. While stationed in TX I had Dairyland, accident in WI ...my fault...Dairyland not recognized in WI and the State required I post cash to cover any expenses "just in case" Dairyland didn't pay them..
They didn't and I lost my license for a year.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have USAA motorcycle insurance they were much lower than geico and progressive. $500.00 fof full coverage for a year versus $ 2100.00 for progressive and $1600.00 for geico. This was a couple of years ago when I did not have very much motorcycle riding experience. I had a clean driving record with no tickets. I have had several auto claims with them over the last 25 years and they pay off immediatley. I dont think they offer motorcycle insurance in all states though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
While riding in Alaska a few months ago, we met and were talking to a couple on a 2003 Goldwing pulling a trailer. They were way East of Fairbanks and developed a problem. He could not say enough good about Foremost. With one phone call he had towing to the nearest shop, a Harley shop, where they treated him great. One day in and out. I have Progressive and when I needed towing, a son with a truck was much faster. I called to cancel after we loaded her up. To me towing is an important part of the package. How good do they respond in our time of need.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I have USAA motorcycle insurance they were much lower than geico and progressive. $500.00 fof full coverage for a year versus $ 2100.00 for progressive and $1600.00 for geico. This was a couple of years ago when I did not have very much motorcycle riding experience. I had a clean driving record with no tickets. I have had several auto claims with them over the last 25 years and they pay off immediatley. I dont think they offer motorcycle insurance in all states though.
You must have had USAA for a long time. When I bought my VTX in Sept of '08 I called USAA and was told they don't insure motorcycles and was given a number for Progressive. I've had USAA on my cages for over 25 years and have insured motorcycles with them in the past.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I joined USAA to get a quote and checked with every company that anyone has suggested. The best price along with a few extra perks is from Rider. They beat Foremost by about 40%, and are the absolute lowest price, including towing and accessory coverage. Thanks for all the leads! I'm still shopping

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Just make sure Dairyland is recognized in your State. While stationed in TX I had Dairyland, accident in WI ...my fault...Dairyland not recognized in WI and the State required I post cash to cover any expenses "just in case" Dairyland didn't pay them..
They didn't and I lost my license for a year.

Dairyland is from Stevens Point Wi, part of the Sentry group. I had it for many years in Wisconsin, Vetesniks Honda in Richland center has an in store Dairyland agency.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Be sure to consider uninsured motorists coverage.
My sons bike was totaled by an uninsured Harley rider.

RJ

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Be sure to consider uninsured motorists coverage.
My sons bike was totaled by an uninsured Harley rider.

RJ
Thanks!

I asked for quotes for the following:
Bodily injury 100,000/300,000
Pedestrian 5,000
Property damage 25,000
Medical payments 1,000
unisured motorist 100,000/300,000
Underinsured 100,000/300,000
collision ACV -500 ded
Compression ACV -500 ded
Optional Eq 3,000
Towing

The lowest prices came from Rider @ $245.00 and Geico @ $268.00
Foremost, my current company is $423.00.
Markel, USAA (Progressive) and one other came in the same range as Foremost

I got a 10% discount from all for taking the MSF Basic, and most offered a 25% discount for swapping insurers. I had zero claims and zero violations, and a MC endorsement for 40 years

I realize that costs vary state to state, city to city etc, but in my case it was certainly worth asking the question and researching the suggestions. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I joined USAA to get a quote and checked with every company that anyone has suggested. The best price along with a few extra perks is from Rider. They beat Foremost by about 40%, and are the absolute lowest price, including towing and accessory coverage. Thanks for all the leads! I'm still shopping
I have use Dairyland and Foremost when I lived in Texas but Rider Insurance is the best insurance company I have ever dealt with. Been with them on five different motorcycles now. I wish they insured cars too!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've been with dairyland since 1995 and have never had a problem with them. That being said, all I have done over that time is pay them roughly 20 grand in premiums. I have not had to "use" my insurance other than sending them a check every month for 16 years:shrug:

I know they handle their finances well, because they've deposited every check I've ever sent them:roll:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am an insurance agent in Texas. I write MC policies for Foremost and Progressive. As you stated, Dairyland doesn't offer towing, other than that they are pretyy much the same. My advice to you is having an agent you trust and know will take care of you, which ever company you choose. I realize $100 is a couple of tanks of gas but if you have been with an agent for awhile and are satisfied with the service provided, stay hooked. You might give Progressive a shot as well if you are going to shop it anyway. I am not dissing Dairyland, they are a fine company.Good luck and hope you do not have to file a cliam!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts