Registered
1,915 Posts
HUH

u hate it when what happens ???

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

One way not to pickup the next paygrade if they find out ya screwed the pooch and forgot the kneeboard checklist to pull the lil' handle on the left. :roll: :lol:

He was probably busy thinkin' about his golf game versus drivin' that multi-million dollar toy. :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Looks like a lot of duct tape behind the cockpit in that first photo. Was Red Green anywhere in the area that day? :lol:

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I tried that in high school. My girlfriend said I was alreay too handy. :lol:

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I can't tell you how much I hate it when that happens!!!!!!

Problem is it seems to happen more than less.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Kinda like forgetting to put the kick stand down when you park your Wing.

·
Registered
679 Posts
hmp. Looks like one of those "First you say it, and then you do it" sorta situations. Not, as we usta say, 'career-enhancing'.

A long time ago in a previous incarnation at NAS Cecil Field I hadda take care of the radios in the RSW (Runway Safety Watch) shacks located at the ends of each runway. This was where some E-1 or 2 would check to see if the over-trained over-educated folk in the cockpits remembered to put the wheels down. It was somewhat amazing how often that happened. If the plane driver failed to respond to a radio communication from the RSW guy, he also had the capability fire a bunch of flares up from midfield. Usually that worked. Then again I recall an A-7 trying to take off with his wings folded. Didn't make it.

Ride long and safe..and always remember that kick stand.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Reminds me of a Dilbert cartoon:

Dilbert - I significantly increased my visibility at work today, Dogbert.
Dilbert - Yesterday I was invisible to my management, but today I am known by all.
Dogbert - You screwed up, huh?
Dilbert - Ooh yeah. Big time.
:oops:

·
Registered
871 Posts
A long haul from Guam. Must have had some tired guys on that flight. Evidently the off duty crew forgot to sleep when they were off duty.

They would have had many clues the gear was up and they ignored all of them. The approach speed would have been much higher than planned. Suck all the power off and wonder why she still wants to fly?

They were Very lucky. If the plane had been full of fuel it probably would have broken apart...

Lance

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
That's astounding! I would have thought there would be sirens screaming in their ears. I guess the extra cost for an adequate warning system was prohibitive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts