GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to make a late evening run into the office last night due to computer server issues. On the way home, I noticed two close-set headlights with bright amber lights on either side there in my rear-view.

"Cool, another GL1800"

After he passed me, I couldn't help but notice those four bright and very visible rear lights. This is the first time I've ever ridden behind a wing at night.

This was a pretty stock bike too. Because of the Euro lights, I'm pretty sure that it was a 2006+, silver, luggage rack and a set of aftermarket pipes. It was far too loud to be stock. With the windows up in the Buick, I could still hear it as I on the off-ramp as I exited the freeway. The rider was wearing a black half helmet in case he may be reading this.

All in all a nice looking bike from what I can see and even though it had "only" stock lighting, it was extremely visible. It makes me feel even better about riding mine.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Wolfman I remember 10 years ago before I lucked out and retired going in way to many times for system outages, hope you did not have to spend half the night.

I put the wig waggs from the headlights in a squad car in my stock trunk brake lights 04, still had 4 bulbs, when I put the brakes on and the trunk soiler and the top 4 start to blink you tend to notice and back off now. I left the lowers steady on for grandma who just cant understand. I think with people on the road today you just cant have too many lights on the back and six bulbs on the front in deer country are not quite enough.

D

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think the Wing has as much or more headlamp area than a car. I have Saddle bag lamps on mine (kurys) came with it, but am going to go with winglites, had them on the last one. IT sure did show up with those LEDS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts