GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on a nice little ride and saw a big trash pail in the road. Good Samaritan me, I stopped in the road to move it. As I tossed it to the side (it was about a 35 gal container) the bike got unbalanced and fell over, with me still on it.
Ouch.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
No good deed goes unpunished.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Now you can scratch one more item off the "bucket list":tongue:

Sorry,just couldn't resist...........:lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey, I did that a few weeks ago too (sans the pail) and broke a couple of bones in my wrist. Now the bike remains in the upright position all the time (parked in the garage) until I get the cast off.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not fun at all. Sorry about the broken wrist.
I busted up my leg some, but nothing broken.
Putting a good spin on the situation ... I know now that I can lift the Wing up by myself.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Was on a nice little ride and saw a big trash pail in the road. Good Samaritan me, I stopped in the road to move it. As I tossed it to the side (it was about a 35 gal container) the bike got unbalanced and fell over, with me still on it.
Ouch.
How is that possible??

·
Registered
850 Posts
your kick stand doesn't work?
Sorry for the mishaps to the both and hope you heal real fast.
There is always 1 in the road after a good wind here on the mountain. I am use to getting off the bike and moving them.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your kick stand doesn't work?
Sorry for the mishaps to the both and hope you heal real fast.
There is always 1 in the road after a good wind here on the mountain. I am use to getting off the bike and moving them.
The rural road I was on did not have any shoulders, just ditches, and I didn't want to stop in the road. Yeah, so I just laid the bike down in the middle of the road, instead. LOL

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
The rural road I was on did not have any shoulders, just ditches, and I didn't want to stop in the road. Yeah, so I just laid the bike down in the middle of the road, instead. LOL
Some prefer to park that way. Me, I usually use the kickstand unless I'm in a real hurry.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I got a trike that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A KICKSTAND!:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts