GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is quite a forum. I have joined car and motorcycle forums before but nothing quite this popular. Cool. I was looking for a used Goldwing and although they were out there, I realized I could get a new one for just a tick more. Honda financing is so low that it made buying a new one easy.

So I bought a couple things on ebay ($1250 later) I don't want to make a show-boat out of it, but a few pieces of Chrome and the Kuryakyn heal toe shifter/floor board hook up. I was trained to ride on a Harley Road King (Police Department) and the heal toe thing is natural to me. I thought about getting a Road King but this time I wanted to go Goldwing. Since it's Sunny today in Florida, I am going to take the bike out for a while.

Good forum !

Kip:superman1:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Welcome Kip good luck with the new Goldwing may there be many smiles and lots of miles. The forums on here will fill you with tons of knowledge and sometimes tons of crap. So hang on tight the ride will be great Again welcome:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Well come aboard.......You will find a lot of good information and more importantly a lot of good folks here.

Enjoy your new Wing.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Be careful, there a lot more horses in your right hand. :22yikes::lol:

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Welcome Kip!!! Skip the heel toe shifter, and the floor boards. they don't work well with the Wing. Go for a nice set of highway pegs so you can stretch out. JMHO!!!:doorag:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
:congrats: on that new wing, and enjoy ! they are a lot of fun, she is big girl, take your time getting use to her, may act a little different then what you are used to, have fun and be safe ! this is great sight and full of a lot knowledge and wisdom, and for the most part pretty good folks here ! best to ya

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad you're here Kip. You have a wealth of information at your fingertips now. Congrats on the new machine.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Welcome, Kip! Don't spend more time on this forum than you do riding, and you'll do fine!!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Welcome to the funny farm!!:joke:

Hope to see you on some Florida Lunch Runs....

Look on the Florida board for the Lunch Run List...One is coming up May 8th down South..Good way to break in that new bike of yours....:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
See you later, aligator.
After your ride, tell us how it went. :congrats:

G

·
Rule # 1

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along......May you always roll with the punches here, May you never lose a crush-washer, May you never go over to the Darkside..... So kick the tires , light the fires and experience one of lifes greatest pleasures....riding a Honda Goldwing GL 1800.......and never forget rule #1

:congrats:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Welcomer. Good stuff and great folks for sure. Ride safe and enjoy your new Wing.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Welcome Kip!!! Skip the heel toe shifter, and the floor boards. they don't work well with the Wing. Go for a nice set of highway pegs so you can stretch out. JMHO!!!:doorag:
I must agree with Orrin. Plus, there is some anecdotal evidence that the force applied by the heel MAY (I emphasize MAY because it's not proven) possibly cause the the shifting forks to bend and create problems with up/down shifts after a while. If you can adjust to just using the OEM toe shifter, you'll find you can actually maneuver the bike better in the twisties.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Welcomer. Good stuff and great folks for sure. Ride safe and enjoy your new Wing.
...and enough cranky, or just crazy folks to keep it interesting. Welcome.
(not sure if I am one of the "cranky's or one of the crazies but I'm sure I fit one category or the other depending on the day, phase of the moon, and the subject at hand)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts