GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now we have someone enticing riders to be unsafe riding the Dragon. It's bad enough that there are those riding their sports bikes at unsafe speeds and putting other in danger, now someone has found a way to make money helping them do it.

I guess there will never be an end to this madness and now someone is capitalizing on others stupidity.

Someone please tell me that I have made a mistake in my understanding here. http://www.yellowwolfvideos.com/

Is there a liability disclaimer that come with this video service?

·
Registered
403 Posts
You've stepped onto dangerous ground here....I think I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks..... :D

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
And what part of the Video do you deam unsafe

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Uh.. i did not see anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to participate ... OR -- did i miss something ?

cosmic

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kikker<

I usually do not respond to post like yours but before you start being so critical of Yellow Wolf Video Productions Company you need to do some research on him.
Yellow Wolf knows that area and is Highly respected by all who know him including the local law enforcement community, as he preaches safety.
So big deal he is making some money, as the Dragon Motorcycle shop and hotel is to. Should they shut down because they are making money on all the riders and drivers who frequent the Dragon?

As your profile SAYS NOTHING I will sit back and watch your ASS get flamed.

Steve Scott

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, I've got broad shoulders and didn't intend anyone to get personal about this but I guess I should have known it would happen.

As most controversial threads end up anyhow, it would be the only time I've been flame for something.

As I posted on another forum, it's kind of like the gun manufacturers including in their packaging of hand guns about being a safe user and handler of hand guns, knowing that a lot of hand guns will be involved in someone's death.

If my analogy about he hand gun is not a good example then so be it. Remember, this is only an opinion which I think we're all entitled to. So, Flamers go for it.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Just sounds like you don't know what your talking about. Have you yourself met this so called Encourager of Danger? Have you seen him make any video's? Have you seen any of his videos? Everything is done in a safe manner. I don't understand why you feel that he is enticing people to be dangerous. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about in this case.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
azjerry said:
So if someone does not "obey all traffic laws", will he stop filming him/her? :?
He has indeed stopped filming because of dangerous riding and has refused to even start filming because of the way someone rides. It is not all about the money. You put yourself, him, or anyone else in danger that's it. Filming is over.

And there is no passing other folks unless safe to do so and waved by. When he was filming me we ended up pulling over to the side because some folks in front of us would not wave us by. So we pulled over to the side, waiting 10 minutes and started up again.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
FUSE said:
azjerry said:
So if someone does not "obey all traffic laws", will he stop filming him/her? :?
He has indeed stopped filming because of dangerous riding and has refused to even start filming because of the way someone rides. It is not all about the money. You put yourself, him, or anyone else in danger that's it. Filming is over.

And there is no passing other folks unless safe to do so and waved by. When he was filming me we ended up pulling over to the side because some folks in front of us would not wave us by. So we pulled over to the side, waiting 10 minutes and started up again.
That's good to hear, and I suspected that was the case, but you fudged a little on the question. "Obey all traffic laws" is different from dangerous riding. You can ride dangerously slowly and safely over the speed limit. I suspect you pulled over because the persons who did not wave you by were going the speed limit and you wanted to go a little faster, like lots of riders on the GAP. So, will he film if you are going over the speed limit? Does the GAP have a "reasonable and prudent" speed limit or a maximum?

I'm not criticizing his business, wish I'd thought of it, and I'm not criticizing speeding, I MAY have done that once. But you must admit that people who want to have this service probably enjoy "spirited riding" which does not conform to all traffic laws.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
He says ride safe and at 70%. So what he is promoting is safe smart riding. And come on -we all push it a little he ask that we all be responsible and he will tape your ride. Where people get in trouble is when they ride above their abilities>Again he even ask you ride at 70%.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Kikker with that screen name I think you would be conservative.
Conservatives are responsible for their own actions.
Liberals tend to blame others for their short comings.

Lighten up
Lawyers love this kind of stuff.
It's His Fault, Devil made me do it.

Burn baby :) Burn :)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
azjerry said:
I'm not criticizing his business, wish I'd thought of it, and I'm not criticizing speeding, I MAY have done that once. But you must admit that people who want to have this service probably enjoy "spirited riding" which does not conform to all traffic laws.
I didn't fudge, just sort of side stepped and ignored that part of the question. I'm not going on record beyond what I have said. You can read that any way you wish. Not trying to be rude at all, just saying I won't go any deeper than what I've said here on the forum. In person we would have a different discussion I'm sure.

But the bottom line that I want to stress is that he is not doing anything close to what the original poster of this thread claims he is doing. That guy just doesn't know what he/she is talking about in this situation.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Video

I have a video of me while riding the Gap no speeding just a nice scenic ride.I enjoy showing it to my friends.

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Kikker,
You are so wrong about this, Yellow wolf does not encourage anyone to do any thing unsafe or illeagal during a video. He will not even do a video of someone doing something unsafe or stupid. He spends countless hours talking to other riders giving them tips on how to be a better and safer rider and he does that for free. How is that capitilizing on someone else's danger?

It seems to me that if you hire him to do a video of you running the dragon and then you break the speed limit then you are the one forcing him to break the law, not the other way around.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Kikker said:
Now we have someone enticing riders to be unsafe riding the Dragon. It's bad enough that there are those riding their sports bikes at unsafe speeds and putting other in danger, now someone has found a way to make money helping them do it.

I guess there will never be an end to this madness and now someone is capitalizing on others stupidity.

Someone please tell me that I have made a mistake in my understanding here. http://www.yellowwolfvideos.com/

Is there a liability disclaimer that come with this video service?
Almost reads like G-Funk is back, doesn't it?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I read this post earlier today on Steve Saunders board. Why not take it a little easy on Kikker as he has only been registered here for a month and doesn't have the benefit of knowing Rick. Perhaps with a little research and time, he will see things in a different light. He seems only to be concerned with safely and no one here would argue with that.

Most of us are familiar with YW and I'm sure Rick will be able to adequately defend himself when he gets off the Gap today...if he even feels the need.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts