GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed diagnosing electrical problem.

My display, e.g. radio station info etc., went out along with my turn signals and side cowling marker lights this morning. All other lights are fine. The light for the dispaly panel is on okay, but no led readout other than the odometer reading.

Is there a single fuse for all of those? Or do you think I have an electrical short somewhere.

TIA for any suggestions.

Jimmie

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Sounds more like a loose connecter than a short. Have you had the dash panel off recently -- that multi plug ccould be loose.

prs

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was - Dark Dash, Now No Reverse

I did find a 15 amp fuse blown. Replaced it, and all lights back on.
Now - NO reverse, & reverse light indicator is blinking.

Bad trade :x

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: Was - Dark Dash, Now No Reverse

Jim King said:
I did find a 15 amp fuse blown. Replaced it, and all lights back on. Now - NO reverse, & reverse light indicator is blinking.:x
Sounds like a short, or maybe... just maybe it's one of those relays under the seat gone bad.

Check the schematic to see what else that particular fuse is wired to. Chances are, one of those components, or a wire going to them, caused the fuse to pop.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I did the relay jump-frog thing with no change. Then swapped all the 15 amp fuses around, and viola! One must've not been seated good. Everything's working as they should.

Now - the seat bolts! What a nightmare. Haven't been able to get the last one in yet. Seems a previous tinkerer buggered up the threads on all of the stands. I ran the bolts in from the backside and cleaned them up pretty good, and greased them. That helped, but still have one stubborn one. I'm sure there's a trick involved here? :?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Jim King said:
I ran the bolts in from the backside and cleaned them up pretty good, and greased them. That helped, but still have one stubborn one. I'm sure there's a trick involved here? :?
Honda paints the frame after tapping the holes, Most of us have had the same problem. The solution is to run a tap from the inside. You'll start the tap on clean threads from there.

G'luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts