GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was not real hard,but I managed to get the new Kumho Rf into the wheelwell and mounted to the hub this afternoon! Checked it over,dropped the jack and went for a spin !! It really beat all my expectations and confirmed a few.

What do others think of what difference it makes on steering response? [not needed steering input]. Will put some more miles on it tomorrow.

By the way, I used the old Bridgestone 704 for 10,175 miles.:yes1:.
Already have a BT45r on the front.

Murgie, can I get a number please?

Thanks to all for help and tips! JP

Attachments

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I can't say about handling compared to a MT. It has been too long since I have run a MT. However, in playing with different tires I have noticed a (in my mind) difference in handling between a 25 pound tire (24.7 for the Kumho RF) and the Falken and Toyo NRFs (approx. 19 and 18 pounds respectively). While others think it is a joke, I attribute it to the differences in unsprung weight. I am checking out the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 (19 pounds) now and it to be more responsive as well.

At any rate, the Kumho still remains my top choice of tires. Still looking.:yes1:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:and welcome!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Welcome have fun with the new tire.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
I can't say about handling compared to a MT. It has been too long since I have run a MT. However, in playing with different tires I have noticed a (in my mind) difference in handling between a 25 pound tire (24.7 for the Kumho RF) and the Falken and Toyo NRFs (approx. 19 and 18 pounds respectively). While others think it is a joke, I attribute it to the differences in unsprung weight. I am checking out the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 (19 pounds) now and it to be more responsive as well.

At any rate, the Kumho still remains my top choice of tires. Still looking.:yes1:

Yeah, but you do NOT ride like the typical Goldwinger. :eek:4::22yikes::lol:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I thought the Pirelli [email protected] handled VERY different from a MT. After 12.5k on that tire, I tried out the Kumho ECSTA SPT XRP and think it is much closer to a MT. I'd say about half way between the Pirelli and the MT. I'm enjoying the Kumho much more for its easier corner entry.

Was not real hard,but I managed to get the new Kumho Rf into the wheelwell and mounted to the hub this afternoon! Checked it over,dropped the jack and went for a spin !! It really beat all my expectations and confirmed a few.

What do others think of what difference it makes on steering response? [not needed steering input]. Will put some more miles on it tomorrow.

By the way, I used the old Bridgestone 704 for 10,175 miles.:yes1:.
Already have a BT45r on the front.

Murgie, can I get a number please?

Thanks to all for help and tips! JP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts