GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if any of you "Darksiders" have used a car tire on an ABS modle and if you have had any problems with the breaking system? Also what tire are you using?

Thanks,

Q

·
Registered
51 Posts
"braking"

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It has been said "That once you go Dark you can never go back"

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Quincy said:
I would like to know if any of you "Darksiders" have used a car tire on an ABS modle and if you have had any problems with the breaking system? Also what tire are you using?

Thanks,

Q
Several of us have the car tire on bikes with ABS. Even though I frequently ride on icy or snowpack-covered roads I have yet to activate the ABS, the traction of the car tire is that much better than a m/c tire on such surfaces.
As far as preferred tire size, I'd recommend you peruse the thread referenced above, as there is a lot of valuable information post therein, along with miscellaneous posts from those whose experience is nil, as is their knowledge of the subject. This has in no way limited their ability to spout drivel, as those of us using car tires have ascertained. :lol:

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Hokie I noticed a Ultra in your post. Do you run a car tire on it? If so what size? I have a friend on a Standard who goes through tires and he is very much interfested in a CT for it.
Hazle

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Plus he has some great photos !!!!

AKLDRIDER said:
Quincy said:

Thanks,

Q
Several of us have the car tire on bikes with ABS. Even though I frequently ride on icy or snowpack-covered roads I have yet to activate the ABS, the traction of the car tire is that much better than a m/c tire on such surfaces.
As far as preferred tire size, I'd recommend you peruse the thread referenced above, as there is a lot of valuable information post therein, along with miscellaneous posts from those whose experience is nil, as is their knowledge of the subject. This has in no way limited their ability to spout drivel, as those of us using car tires have ascertained. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts