GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much hemming and hawing, turned in my rear E3 with 20, 484 miles on it and replaced it with a Falken 912.

Went for a ride this morning and within 30 seconds my wife said "It feels different". I asked "How so?" and her reply was "The ride feels smoother".

Note: She does not visit forums and I had told her nothing about what she may or may not expect with a CT.

We were in stop and go traffic while trying to get to an event this morning. CT really makes it easy to keep the bike upright at 1MPH crawling speed.

So far so good, nothing earth shattering, no great revelations. I did hear once that everytime someone goes darkside a kitten dies but I have seen no verification of that.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:twisted: kitty-killer! :wrong:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
What am I going to use for target practice now?:shrug: Welcome to the Darkside!:congrats:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I did hear once that everytime someone goes darkside a kitten dies but I have seen no verification of that.
My cat is still healthy, but she is really good at staying out from under moving tires :eek:4: so you must have been miss-informed.....

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
machead welcome and the saying goes that whenever someone goes DARKSIDE that more COOKIES are eatin. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
Welcome most that go dark stay dark have fun n be safe

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
After much hemming and hawing, turned in my rear E3 with 20, 484 miles on it and replaced it with a Falken 912.

Went for a ride this morning and within 30 seconds my wife said "It feels different". I asked "How so?" and her reply was "The ride feels smoother".

Note: She does not visit forums and I had told her nothing about what she may or may not expect with a CT.

We were in stop and go traffic while trying to get to an event this morning. CT really makes it easy to keep the bike upright at 1MPH crawling speed.

So far so good, nothing earth shattering, no great revelations. I did hear once that everytime someone goes darkside a kitten dies but I have seen no verification of that.
:cry: I like kitties,,,,,,,,,,,, oh well !! Just my thinking for ya . I have a friend in Florida ths tried a Falken and he rides non aggressively and does get pretty good milage out of tires you you stated. He tried Falken and it wore quit rapidl for him down there in the heat and the road surface for Florida. I mean to the point where his wear was worse than mine and I am a show off,idioit ,burnout, wheelie nut job rider. So do not get disappointed in wear with Falken and maybe try a Pirelli as he did and got much,much better results milage wise. I have never ran one but know many that has and in heat seem to be the ticket . I prefer Kumho in that type of tire which may produce same results for ya .Anyways :congrats: and Darkside cookies are up here in Wi.next time your though.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I love the Pirelli, and I too am a burnout, wheelie popping, nut job. Sounds great when doing a burnout and goes straight to boot. My wife likes the softer ride as well and I like the RF part of it. And I don't care for cats, so, no biggie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts