GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...Mounted the Kumho Tire on Saturday...it is now Monday and I already have 839+ miles on it....Love it....But I have to blame the tire....

I went over to Union Center WI to pick up a MT and rim for a spare (Just in case I have to have warrenty work done on the bike...it was a good deal $75 for tire and rim...almost brand new)...

Well...I was headed home...been riding GW's for 30+ years (last bike purchased new was a 1981 GL1100 Interstate) always had MT tires on the bike....never had a speeding ticket....only tickets ever were in a car....

Yes you guessed it...put a car tire on the bike and what do I get to show for it...a speeding ticket....I tried to explain to the officer that I was doing a research project for motorcycle on how CT's were safe at all speeds....he just was not buying it.....:shrug: oh well one every thirty years isn't bad considering I propable desired about 29 more....:shock:

Tire Runs Great...Safe Rides

Safe Rides

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Congrats on the new Kumho! Sorry to hear about the ticket though. That big smile on your face from the smooth BMT ride should help ease your wallets pain.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...the funny thing about it was the ticket was for 20 over and only $139 normally those tickets are about $225...not sure if the officer made a mistake or not...not going to tell....:lol:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Ok...Mounted the Kumho Tire on Saturday...it is now Monday and I already have 839+ miles on it....Love it....But I have to blame the tire....

I went over to Union Center WI to pick up a MT and rim for a spare (Just in case I have to have warrenty work done on the bike...it was a good deal $75 for tire and rim...almost brand new)...

Well...I was headed home...been riding GW's for 30+ years (last bike purchased new was a 1981 GL1100 Interstate) always had MT tires on the bike....never had a speeding ticket....only tickets ever were in a car....

Yes you guessed it...put a car tire on the bike and what do I get to show for it...a speeding ticket....I tried to explain to the officer that I was doing a research project for motorcycle on how CT's were safe at all speeds....he just was not buying it.....:shrug: oh well one every thirty years isn't bad considering I propable desired about 29 more....:shock:

Tire Runs Great...Safe Rides

Safe Rides
Do you think the Police are in kahoots with the gwrra?:lol:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
But officer, my wing rides so smooth with a C/T on it I didn't realize I was going that fast!:oops::oops::oops: But I sure am glad you didn't clock me doing 75 in that 35mps curve back yonder!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It's hard to explain when the speedo is "stuck" at the fastest speed one has been traveling that day! LOL

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
I tried to explain to the officer that I was doing a research project for motorcycle on how CT's were safe at all speeds....he just was not buying it.....
Never heard that one.:shrug:
I would have laughed and sent you on your way.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Yep, it's that darn CT: Increased performance may result in "performance awards".

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Thanks...the funny thing about it was the ticket was for 20 over and only $139 normally those tickets are about $225...not sure if the officer made a mistake or not...not going to tell....:lol:
Shame ,shame , on you. Speeding is dangerous :lol: The trick is to get officer impressed with the bike and the gadgets for less pain and humiliation. So I heard ;) Believe it or not I was let go with warning by our State Patrol a few months ago at a loosing license speed. Luckily timing and brakes worked well to my favor:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shame ,shame , on you. Speeding is dangerous :lol: The trick is to get officer impressed with the bike and the gadgets for less pain and humiliation. So I heard ;) Believe it or not I was let go with warning by our State Patrol a few months ago at a loosing license speed. Luckily timing and brakes worked well to my favor:thumbup:
Thank Some One he wasn't 20 miles up the road when I was doing triple digits...:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Lab Rider, have you noticed that your mpg has dropped after putting that square tire on the bike :lol: ? Mine dropped just alittle, the smiles per hour has got much better.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
A man has to know his limitations!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lab Rider, have you noticed that your mpg has dropped after putting that square tire on the bike :lol: ? Mine dropped just alittle, the smiles per hour has got much better.

Smiles increased....:lol::lol::lol:....mpg...don't know yet....I will now have a chance to find out since my triple digit riding days are over :22yikes:....

I will post when I determine the mpg....

Sh...t what do you mean I will post...hell I just drive and fill up and drive....are we really suppose to check those numbers:shrug:

Safe Rides

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Take Defensive Driving and keep it off your record.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
A man has to know his limitations!:lol::lol::lol:
See that's one of my many problems. How do you know your limits till you hit them ?? ;) I refuse to live by somebody elses limits ,that's just wrong. Although I did find my limit on your bike in the rain with sunny on rear that day :eek:4: that was right at the limit of dumping your bike ,:oops: So guess I know one limit anyways :lol:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That is definitely the tire's fault. :thumbup: Hope the ticket didn't get too deep in the old pockets!

I caught a lot of flack about using a CT but I love it. Have not got a ticket yet... and I am doing extensive research on using my Dunlop Winter Sport in the summer! :doorag:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
See that's one of my many problems. How do you know your limits till you hit them ?? ;) I refuse to live by somebody elses limits ,that's just wrong. :lol:
OK! I agree with you on this.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Now will you please send me some Darksider cookies. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, I haven't reached my limit on them yet!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
OK! I agree with you on this.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Now will you please send me some Darksider cookies. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, I haven't reached my limit on them yet!:thumbup:
Weekend ride is all it will take Rocket. Just think how many you can eat sitting in my kitchen next to a gallon of milk.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Weekend ride is all it will take Rocket. Just think how many you can eat sitting in my kitchen next to a gallon of milk.
Milk! What's that?:shrug::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Glad you didn't get two tickets, one for speeding and another one for " Fire ball when you crash"

greg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts