GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May I suggest a new term? How about "Darkside Light" for those who have crossed over...but only to a Non-Run-Flat CT?

All you guys that have chosen to use a NRF, relax. This is not to try and change your mind, you're big boys and can make your own call on what tire you run.

Hell, you're already smarter than all those poor souls who continue to complain about their motto tires...... yet avoid the better choice because of their misconceptions or fear of the unknown.

;):lol:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Paul, people have described me a lot of different ways, some good, some, well not so good. But never have they used the word "light". But hey, i'm cool with it. Now, about that "crossed over stuff " :22yikes:I Don't kiss and tell.:joke:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I don't know Paul ?? Lite and me just don't seem right. But I also run run flats ,hummnn maybe I can be generic Darksider,low calorie Darksider, or all natural Darksider. :lol: but I have on those round things a few weeks ago also . I know ..... AC\DC Darksider there it is :thumbup: now that fits me

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
This kick is really getting old. Get a hobby.

·
Banned
558 Posts
How about...

Dark Sider (ROF) and Dim Sider (NROF)... Sorry, I just couldn't help myself...seriously...my mind doesn't work the way most people's mind works..

:wrong: :oops:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I personally thing it sounds much better to call those running run flats HEAVY DUTY DARK!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Dark Sider (ROF) and Dim Sider (NROF)... Sorry, I just couldn't help myself...seriously...my mind doesn't work the way most people's mind works..

Dim sider :thumbup: now that's funny . For the record we are not dim we are just energy conserving. Well that's what wife says about them light bulbs she buys :lol:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Unsprung weight Darksiders!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks, but a have one, riding my Goldwing.

I also like to express my opinion occasionally on the benefits of a RF. I thought that is what this forum is for, to exchange ideas and opinions. Sorry that you find my opinion less than welcome. May I assume you do not agree?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me further clarify. If you are a skilled and experienced rider like Rail32, Mjac and several others on here who use a Non RF, hey, your choice and I'm good with that. I know that you can feel it, if there's something wrong. I know that you have the skills and experience to handle worst-case scenarios.

When I point out how the RF is a safer tire, I'm trying to convince the occasional or less experienced guy or gal who rides a few thousand a year with their bride and/or a trailer who are contemplating the Darkside. They are the folks who....IMO...need that extra margin of safety.

Obviously, there many skilled and experienced who prefer the RF for the obvious reason and perhaps other reasons.

So, if you're taking my attempt at persuasion personally, please, don't. I need all the friends I can get. ;)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
As a non run flat guy and knowing and ridden with Trialsman, I believe he is just thinking of safety first!:thumbup: I personally am good with that!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I made the choice years ago to step it up from a NRF after 500 smiles to a RF.
I've never had a flat while underway.I have had a few nails,But being as anal as I am.I found them before the days ride or before I put the bike away for the night on the road.

But that doesn't mean I might get a flat tomorrow.I just know what ISN'T going to happen under my arse that's for sure.
Me and my co-rider are the only two that matter what I choose to use.

You all do like wise.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Let me further clarify. If you are a skilled and experienced rider like Rail32, Mjac and several others on here who use a Non RF, hey, your choice and I'm good with that. I know that you can feel it, if there's something wrong. I know that you have the skills and experience to handle worst-case scenarios.

When I point out how the RF is a safer tire, I'm trying to convince the occasional or less experienced guy or gal who rides a few thousand a year with their bride and/or a trailer who are contemplating the Darkside. They are the folks who....IMO...need that extra margin of safety.

Obviously, there many skilled and experienced who prefer the RF for the obvious reason and perhaps other reasons.

So, if you're taking my attempt at persuasion personally, please, don't. I need all the friends I can get. ;)

Since you put it that way, I can agree with you now. It is frightening how many have no idea what is going on right underneath them.
It just seemed you had a " my way" attitude about it, and that by desgn or not would have a tendancy to split the ranks, at least partially.

A TPMS might be the way for a lot of folks like you mention to go. We have all seen the 2-3 RF tires that were run too long without air and come apart, so perhaps a different line of sight is in order.

Beast Wishes

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

Paul, I see your talking about (Social Club "owners")
again LOL"LOL"

BTW: You've got a few friends, how many do you
need anyways??? LOL" ;)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

Thats funny right there. LMAO

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
It is frightening how many have no idea what is going on right underneath them.
You got that right !!! Here in Wi.many are realizing there riding season is almost done and the have just got their bike out and running. It's a scary sight traveling down main biker roads like Hwy 35 along Mississippi this time of year. Seen 2 bikes tip over at stop lights in one day:eek:4: my favorite was wife stepping off of bike and hubby pulling away to park someplace else. While voth where in shorts and sandels. Shame she had some nice looking long legs,well till she burned them and fell to the ground bloody that is. I with ya Chuck I am starting to dislike strongly social club owners.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Darkside light?

I have a hard time with that moniker for my Continental Vanco 2.

It's designed for a motorhome (the Rialto)! It handles like a son-of-a-b*tch, wears like steal (41,000 miles with some to go) and the one time I had a flat (35 miles off HWY395 north of Death Valley with a faulty orig valve stem) it didn't throw me off, just shook the Wings head a bit @ 80 MPH in the woop-to-do's. When I put some tire repair goo on the stem and got it to hold 10PSI, it got me back to a tire shop. That was about 28,000 miles ago and it's still doing fine.

So...........Darkside Light?...........that's a tough one to swallow. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
You got that right !!! Here in Wi.many are realizing there riding season is almost done and the have just got their bike out and running. It's a scary sight traveling down main biker roads like Hwy 35 along Mississippi this time of year. Seen 2 bikes tip over at stop lights in one day:eek:4: my favorite was wife stepping off of bike and hubby pulling away to park someplace else. While voth where in shorts and sandels. Shame she had some nice looking long legs,well till she burned them and fell to the ground bloody that is. I with ya Chuck I am starting to dislike strongly social club owners.
Remember one thing Rail, I've never said I don't like
Social Club (owners) in fact I love them. Their great
entertainment and they keep the (motorcyclists) in
good used low mileage motorcycles for us to actully
ride and wear out... You can't knock those people
they keep us smiling" ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts