GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have ez steer on my trike as of yet[06 gl1800 motortrike, 2000 mi on both, was a dealer demo] and I have read all the driving posts, with and without ez steer etc and was wondering if I just put the MPA or equivalent on... does it make much difference in the steering effort by itself? I am running 41psi in frt, 20l & 22r in the rear and suspension at 20 psi solo which has helped some and was wondering if the frt tire change was worth doing first? thanks eyes5709

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Putting on a MPA @ 41# will not make the trike steer easier. An EZ Steer triple tree will, however. The MPA gives you greater wear with some of us getting over 30K vs 8-9K on OEM tire. As you know, the MPA is a bias tire, where your OEM is a radial.

Install EZ Steer. Run your OEM until it needs replacing, then install a MPA.

I rode my trike 12,000 miles without EZ Steer and then installed it. I have another 26,000 miles after installing EZ Steer. My mistake was not doing it when I put the kit on.

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I agree with what George said, George said.....!!!!

:popcorn: :doorag:

·
Registered
270 Posts
George has the right idea, but whatever front tire you decide to replsce the OEM front tire with, by all means get the EZ steer with at least a 4.5 degree rake if possible.

Ron McGowan
Pearland, Texas

·
Registered
792 Posts
I disagree with putting ez steer on. When you need to replace your front tire, go ahead and replace it with the MPA and see if it makes any changes in the streering and the way it handles and see if your happy with it. By waiting you'll know in your own mind, OK it didn't make that big of a differents and I do need the EZ steer. All it will do is keep your money in your pocket a little longer if you do get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts