GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm wondering what all these references are to the darkside.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Darksiders are people who run flat-bottom tires on vehicles designed for round-bottom tires. I have no idea if they run round-bottom tires on vehicles designed for flat-bottom tires.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Okay, I'm wondering what all these references are to the darkside.
It really quite simple: It is regarding all of us with the first name of Darth.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Open your mind and this link. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Pull up a chair, a drink and a bag of popcorn and read away.

You don't have to try it or even agree, but your questions would be better answered here if you choose to ask.

Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like round bottoms...........

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Open your mind and this link. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Pull up a chair, a drink and a bag of popcorn and read away.

You don't have to try it or even agree, but your questions would be better answered here if you choose to ask.

Cheers
Yes, you'll get answers there, not near the BS spread here on the GM board by all the never been there, never done it but know it all's.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I agree with wingjammer (post#8 ) 8).:thumbup: One of the top "accessories" for the goldwing motorcycle!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I saw all this reference to the "Darkside" also, so I checked & saw the subgroup board for that & started reading: I'm now really planning on trying the "Darkside" myself on my next tire change! There is a lot of good info there if you can allow yourself to do "out of the box" thinking! Just don't get shackled into the idea that just because someone claims to be an expert or an engineer, they know it all, because they really don't: go in with an "open" mind!!! :joke: :cool: :yes1:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Darksiders are people who run flat-bottom tires on vehicles designed for round-bottom tires. I have no idea if they run round-bottom tires on vehicles designed for flat-bottom tires.
Yeah, it's called being a light sider.

·
Registered
205 Posts
To answer the question... yup, a darksider runs a car tire on the rear. It may be a regular car tire or a run-flat version, typically a 195/55/16. A "double" darksider is also running what would usually be a rear tire on a smaller bike on the front wheel of the Goldwing. Move on over to the darksider forum and ask whatever questions you have.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Yes, you'll get answers there, not near the BS spread here on the GM board by all the never been there, never done it but know it all's.

:agree::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I put on 30,000 to 35,000 a year. I find a car tire convenient, safer, more comfortable, and able to handle 35,000 with no trouble. I do believe it handles better also. I pull a trailer, I feel safer with the car tire on. If you ride 4,000 or 5,000 a year any tire will do. If you ride 20,000 to 50,000 I think a car tire is the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Darksiders.....:shrug:....

....are motorcyclist who want to be safe...who ride the bike for what it was intended for...long distances in remote areas of the country (or world) to see and explorer what ney-sayers have never seem before....without worrying about being stranded on some dark road with a flat motorcycle tire to only become a satistic in the morning....

...OH...BTW we put car tires (at least that is what some people think they are....never did find that wording "car tire" on the tire itself :bow:) on motorcycles....

:excited: To talk about car tires and motorcycles.....Now where are those darksider cookies...:22yikes:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts