GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sunny 3830 arrived today. Now, just getting it mounted on my new rim, not long now.:excited:

·
Registered
259 Posts
:congrats: Enjoy the smooooth ride.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Don't forget to provide feedback after some miles have been put on those tires.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Hey, hey, hey!:congrats: Welcome to the Darkside Darrell!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I love my Sunny!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm Officially a Darksider. I had the Sunny mounted on the rim and I installed on the Wing today.:excited: Took a short ride and it is much smother ride and wasn't anything to get used to. I'm going to enjoy this.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'm Officially a Darksider. I had the Sunny mounted on the rim and I installed on the Wing today.:excited: Took a short ride and it is much smother ride and wasn't anything to get used to. I'm going to enjoy this.
:congrats: Darrell, that is why I like the Sunny so well!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
I've run a Kumho ECSTA SPT for the last 2 changes, but may consider a different RF CT. What is the "Sunny 3830" that you speak so highly of? Thanks!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Hey Darrell

I have had my Sunny on for less than 200 miles now and even though going into a corner took some getting used to it was only different but not scary. That winter profile tire seems to really stick.

The reasons that I decided to try conventional tire instead of a run-flat was that I did not want my TPMS to be on or even flashing at me for low tire pressure (run-flats use about 10 lbs less pressure than a non run-flat) and I keep a tubeless patch kit and a small 12v air pump on my bike for longer rides. If I do get a flat on the road (had like one flat in the last 15 years) I can fix it on the spot and go on my merry way.

I am thinking of buying me another Sunny just to have for the ready for when this one is toast. $68 is not much more than three tanks of gas!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Can't believe Rocketman talked 2 guys into running these Sunny tires knowing they are made from used Walmart used plastic shopping bags. :eek:4::eek:4::eek:4: Oh well good luck guys may your tires not blow up LMAO :yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Darrell

I have had my Sunny on for less than 200 miles now and even though going into a corner took some getting used to it was only different but not scary. That winter profile tire seems to really stick.

The reasons that I decided to try conventional tire instead of a run-flat was that I did not want my TPMS to be on or even flashing at me for low tire pressure (run-flats use about 10 lbs less pressure than a non run-flat) and I keep a tubeless patch kit and a small 12v air pump on my bike for longer rides. If I do get a flat on the road (had like one flat in the last 15 years) I can fix it on the spot and go on my merry way.

I am thinking of buying me another Sunny just to have for the ready for when this one is toast. $68 is not much more than three tanks of gas!
I run the 175/60/16 and 38-40 psi so no problem with the TMPS, food for thought.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey jpinpa, I have had another winger on here contact me about the Sunny so watch out the Sunny is on the rise.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Hey jpinpa, I have had another winger on here contact me about the Sunny so watch out the Sunny is on the rise.
Just wait till JP sees I will have one as soon as my other winter tire is wore out.:eek:4: He will ride my like a unbroken horse . Spurs on I hope :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I hope you understand I am jokeing around LOL. I am just happy to see people trying other tires and not the same one everyone else is running :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Rocketman has been a friend for a couple of years now and I love to bust his butt. As he does mine LOL We have ridden toghthrer and had some pretty good times with each other :thumbup: But as far as trying one of his tires he pick out that just ain;t happening LMAO. Like I said before guys enjoy the new tires and the smiles that will come from using them. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Just wait till JP sees I will have one as soon as my other winter tire is wore out.:eek:4: He will ride my like a unbroken horse . Spurs on I hope :thumbup:
Good luck my friend LMAO. There will be no Sunny tires here in PA. I stick to my 3 favorites and will have one of each mounted at all time LOL. Well maybe 2 of them at least a LOL. If this Yokohama gets the mileage i think it might a little over 12,000 it might be my new favorite but you know how I feel about the Toyo. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Darrell, don't let JP fool ya! He was smiling from ear to ear when he got to ride on my Sunny!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Darrell, don't let JP fool ya! He was smiling from ear to ear when he got to ride on my Sunny!:lol::lol::lol:
Not will never be happy that I had to ride bitch ever :nojoke: But am thankful that you gave me a ride back to my bike just couldn't wait to get off. That Sunny tire was making me very nervous :joke:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts