GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say im getting a lot of feed back from other riders at deals gap about the car tire,its kinda funny watching them want to say something bad but after seeing the wing on the gap they have to hold back what they say,hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have to say im getting a lot of feed back from other riders at deals gap about the car tire,its kinda funny watching them want to say something bad but after seeing the wing on the gap they have to hold back what they say,hahahahaha
:roll: I can only image! Enjoy the ride! :thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,452 Posts
JUST ANOTHER ONE OF "YOU " CRAZY CRASH N BURN PEOPLE !:thumbup::lol: NOT FOR EVERYONE ( AINT FIGURED THAT PART OUT YET )! STILL WAITING FOR ALL THE REPORTS ON FAILURES ACCIDENTS !:shrug: SAFE N HAPPY RIDING TO ALL.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
What kind izzit? Is it a run flat or non run flat? Tire pressure? Same traction feel as a MC tire? Easier or greater grip pressure in a tight turn?

Be sure and let us know how many miles you get out of it compared to your favorite motorcycle tire.

I gotta get down there for a tips ride with you some time this summer.

gramps
I believe he's running a Falken 912 NRF. Guessing 44psi or so.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yellow Wolfs Bike

I don't think you have to prove yourself, or the why you have your bike set up to any body that known, or follows your rides. As far as the other are concerned they could watch and learn. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
I love it!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
example
I passed a young buck on a 1200 bmw sport tourer,he was a good rider,safe and quick just a tad slower than me,he tucked in behind me, so I slowed to a pace he could manage and rode the whole ride to the store,he came over and stated that's the most fun he has had all week and thanks for slowing a bit so he could watch my riding and follow my lines!

at first he sais he was out horse powered,he had 118,he was not happy when I told him I had 103,lol

then as he is looking at the rear of my bike he says omg you have a car tire on there and asks "does it work?" I just say what do you think?

big long silence........then he says "well I think it would be hard to argue that it don't from my point of view",lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
:thumbup::bow::agree:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I was laughing on another forum because one person said if he only ran on the super slab he would consider going to the darkside, but he liked riding the twisties to much. I found that funny!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I was laughing on another forum because one person said if he only ran on the super slab he would consider going to the darkside, but he liked riding the twisties to much. I found that funny!:lol::lol::lol:
lmao, I was laughing also and I commented that with a ct we'd have to slow down and wait for them in the twisties!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
big long silence........then he says "well I think it would be hard to argue that it don't from my point of view",lol
Priceless .
But I gotta ask don't ya get bored on the dragon ?
You been up and down that road so many times and there's much more challenging roads with way less traffic less than an hour from your town .

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Priceless .
But I gotta ask don't ya get bored on the dragon ?
You been up and down that road so many times and there's much more challenging roads with way less traffic less than an hour from your town .
1-empty roads are boring
2-i don't go for the road but for the people,they come from all over the world and its cool to walk around and talk to folks
3-challenging?depends on how fast you try to do it,lol

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
1-empty roads are boring
2-i don't go for the road but for the people,they come from all over the world and its cool to walk around and talk to folks
3-challenging?depends on how fast you try to do it,lol
1. Disagreed highly
2. You got a valid point there .
3. Agree again , I just get sick of the traffic, LEO's and riders riding way over there skill set in my lane .
I guess if I lived where you do , I would hang out up there and chat with riders also.
Absolutely loved the dragon back in mid to late 90's . A few of is ran it at midnight on star lit nites . Which I am sure you have done . Nobody around and is a whole other animal when only headlights blaze the path . 5 years ago I did this one a fellow rider and he swore for that day I am a complete idiot . Maybe , buts it's a blast .
Carry on , and thanks for sharing with me your perspective .

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
example
I passed a young buck on a 1200 bmw sport tourer,he was a good rider,safe and quick just a tad slower than me,he tucked in behind me, so I slowed to a pace he could manage and rode the whole ride to the store,he came over and stated that's the most fun he has had all week and thanks for slowing a bit so he could watch my riding and follow my lines!

at first he sais he was out horse powered,he had 118,he was not happy when I told him I had 103,lol

then as he is looking at the rear of my bike he says omg you have a car tire on there and asks "does it work?" I just say what do you think?

That's funny. Jaws be dropping all over America. I like riding that road a bunch myself as well as other roads in the area.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Rick I noticed that also while we were setting there Saturday because they know how well you ride the twisties. The question I get most when people see my C/T is how does it do in the curves. I jokingly say I set up straight and drive it like a car:lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
:lol: Quite the conversation piece.

Why I was down in Woodstock, GA waiting for a buddy to get a full MM on his ride and had the pleasure of talking to a gentlemen from Florida. He was quite proud of the fact that he knew YW's phone number and was therefore quite qualified to state how YW was slower now that he was running a CT. :lol:

Who was I to argue with him. He knew YW's phone number. :lol:

He was an interesting chap to say the least.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:lol: Quite the conversation piece.

Why I was down in Woodstock, GA waiting for a buddy to get a full MM on his ride and had the pleasure of talking to a gentlemen from Florida. He was quite proud of the fact that he knew YW's phone number and was therefore quite qualified to state how YW was slower now that he was running a CT. :lol:

Who was I to argue with him. He knew YW's phone number. :lol:

He was an interesting chap to say the least.
I post my phone number here a lot,561-400-5316 rick

I am NOT slower on a car tire,i was a bit slower at the dragon when I first got this bike due to the fact I for the most part did not ride for a full 6 yrs!!!!
that road to be fast on you need to ride it over and over,6 yr break takes its toll on your speed there,lol

ive heard people spread lots of lies about me,here are just a few
1-im the fastest bike ever there,lol
2-i died is a fiery crash there,lol
3-im only fast there because I cut the corners there,lol
4-hanging off on a wing makes no difference there,lol

these are just a few off the top of my head and remember just because someone told you this does not make it true and if its not true it still makes you a lier!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Well I tried to explain to the gentlemen that based on your posts, you didn't think the CT made you slower. Well he wouldn't hear it and since he knew your phone number, in his mind he was an authority on all things Yellow Wolf. :lol: I don't remember much after that as I stopped listening to him. :nojoke:

I found it funny in any case (maybe a bit sad too?). I don't think he was a liar (and I'm certainly not making the story up). He was just expressing his own opinion about you however misguided it might have been. I just think he was/is confused between the reality that we live in and the one he lives in.

I suspect it's hard when your Goldwing Riding hero jumps off the "reservation" (in his mind I'm sure) and starts running a CT with no apparent ill effect. Poor guy is just struggling to come to grips with it I guess. :shrug:

Amazing set of falsehoods you listed there. Pretty amazing the kinds of stories that get made up.

I post my phone number here a lot,561-400-5316 rick

I am NOT slower on a car tire,i was a bit slower at the dragon when I first got this bike due to the fact I for the most part did not ride for a full 6 yrs!!!!
that road to be fast on you need to ride it over and over,6 yr break takes its toll on your speed there,lol

these are just a few off the top of my head and remember just because someone told you this does not make it true and if its not true it still makes you a lier!

·
Registered
549 Posts
5. you lost a limb in a crash once...that was posted on the Steve Saunders forum a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts