GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day to All..

I am needing to put a run flat tire on my spare rear rim. Does anyone know where in Phoenix area can this done? I think I will get quite a bit of pushback from some of the dealers.
Thanks in Advance..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ray's Tires

Ray's Tires at 202 E. Broadway, Mesa did my rear tire for $10, no questions asked.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Another option...some Discount Tires will do it, so will those independent places that sell those expensive tire$ and rim$.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info:bow:. I was hoping there was a place on the west side that could do it.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I do my own, so I'm not sure who on the westside will do it. I just had a double bypass and can't even ride yet or I would offer to put it on for you. Try taking it to one of the Discount tire stores and tell them it is for a small trailer.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. And may God Bless towards your recovery..
r/ Dave

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I do my own, so I'm not sure who on the westside will do it. I just had a double bypass and can't even ride yet or I would offer to put it on for you. Try taking it to one of the Discount tire stores and tell them it is for a small trailer.
biglefti, best wishes for a full recovery. Let us know if you need anything.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Are there any motorcycle repair shops who do this type of service? Specifically ride the bike to the shop ~ tire removed by techie ~ MT removed and CT installed ~ ride bike back home. Being in the land of Rural means travelling to specialty shops for us.

- David

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Are there any motorcycle repair shops who do this type of service? Specifically ride the bike to the shop ~ tire removed by techie ~ MT removed and CT installed ~ ride bike back home. Being in the land of Rural means travelling to specialty shops for us.

- David
Yep - here in Tucson, Bikers Bay will do it - though I haven't taken mine there to have it done.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

- David
Give Josiah a call at Dirtball Customs.
(520) 548-7358 • [email protected]

He swapped my rear wheel setup but I already had the CT mounted on the second wheel. But I don't see why he wouldn't do the actual removal/install of the MT/CT. He's primarily a BMW shop but he's done various work on my Wing over the past year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts