GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the all BS on this forum, thought I'd give a report for those interested. Possibly someone considering a safer way to travel might have some questions answered. I just returned from a 2500+ miles road trip on the '08. Every imaginable weather condition (aside from snow & ice). Super slab, sweepers, twisties, back roads. About 2K miles of that pulling an Aluma MCXLT loaded. Temperatures from lower 50's to near 100*. The front tire, a BT45 mounted azzbackards, 2oz. of beads. This tire to date has just under 12K, and it replaced another BT45 taken off @ about 20K. No cupping, buzzing, vibration, humming, shimmy or other characteristics some have mentioned. Cold prssure 40 PSI, on the slab with temps in the upper 90's, pressure builds to ~ 43 PSI

The Dunnie WinterSport 175 ROF, 3oz. beads, 35 cold PSI and at extreme high temps, ~ 80 MPH towing, it increases 3-4 PSI. Smooth, quiet, sticks like glue. Now @ 5K + on this one. It replaced a 195 Bridgestone G019.

The '03 is running the same combo, both replaced about 2K miles ago. Mostly local with limited slab high speed. Same comfort and satsifaction as with the '08. Both bikes have the stock suspenders. Front replaced a Michelin "Activ", many trikers use it, a POS on a 2 wheeler. Rear Dunnie replaced a 205 Connie ProContact.

After several combinations, this is what works for me., YMMV. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Good report Roger... Hope my Dunlop Winter Sport does the trick for me when we get to ride together in November...! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Thanks for the report Wingjammer! Let the good times roll!:thumbup: Wait, that's the other guys!:lol::lol::lol: Be safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Thanks, Roger for the report. As I recall, all you have used are run flats on the rear.

I hope you don't feel I have spread any BS on this forum. :shock: I respect your opinion.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Roger for the report. As I recall, all you have used are run flats on the rear.

I hope you don't feel I have spread any BS on this forum. :shock: I respect your opinion.
This is my first round with RF's Paul, and totally satsified so far with this one. And, no Sir, I haven't seen any BS spread with your name attached. ;)

I too much respect your's and many other's inputs and opinions, re:CT's.

This forum, with the information from experience of those before me, was a great influence into my decision to try a better and safer way. Especially after loosing a friend to a fatal crash as a result of a delam'ed rear tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts