GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Not sure about 2018 but, with 2017 and earlier, you cannot go wrong with a Driveguard!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
what the **** does that mean?? It's about to go down???:wink2:>:)
You'll have to forgive him he is new to the forum. The proper term is crash and burn. :grin2::wink2: Welcome to the Darkside!!! If you want a Darkside number PM Murgie.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
It means im about to get triple the life out of my rear tire!!!
I'm sorry but I doubt that it will last three times as long. Most people seem to get about 20-25% more mileage out of a CT. The reason most run a RF CT is the safety factor.

Over the years I have seen people with the same tire get a wide range of mileage from them. The big factors are roads, straight or curvy and the ingredients in the pavement. Also how hard you are with your right wrist. I have seen two guys running the same tire, one would get about 30K and the other would get less than 10K.

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It means im about to get triple the life out of my rear tire!!!
I'm sorry but I doubt that it will last three times as long. Most people seem to get about 20-25% more mileage out of a CT. The reason most run a RF CT is the safety factor.

Over the years I have seen people with the same tire get a wide range of mileage from them. The big factors are roads, straight or curvy and the ingredients in the pavement. Also how hard you are with your right wrist. I have seen two guys running the same tire, one would get about 30K and the other would get less than 10K.
A ) i was exaggerating for dramatic effect clearly

B) i have run a drive guard run flat on my 15 wing for over 25k currently im getting 10k on the 18s bridgestone so triple the life could be feasible. I havent moved and my riding style hasnt changed soooo time will tell. And yes the rf factor is a huge plus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts