GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon there anyone that could help me to try to locate someone or somewhere in the Northampton area in Pennsylvania to try to see if I could get my dark side Tire installed on my GL1800 Goldwing??

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just carried my wheel into a Discount tire store. I had ordered the tire from them as well.
Where did you buy the tire? Tire rack? They have authorized installers all over the country.

Discount could not balance it. The center hole is to small for their machines. Brought the whole wheel tire combo to an independent motor cycle shop for balancing.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Just tell them it's a trailer tire and wheel. As mentioned above, an auto tire shop will not be able to balance it, but there are other options for balancing. I have used the beads before, but last time around I left the beads out, front and rear. Cannot tell any difference.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Every DS tire I've had installed (8? 9?) I've not balanced, if they mount the tire at the appropriate location along the rim.

·
Vendor
17,811 Posts
Good afternoon there anyone that could help me to try to locate someone or somewhere in the Northampton area in Pennsylvania to try to see if I could get my dark side Tire installed on my GL1800 Goldwing??

Most have to remove the wheel, carry it in for mounting. If the shop asks, then you will need to lie and says something like it is for a wheel barrel.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
...you will need to lie and says something like it is for a wheel barrel.
Yep, I've got a 168mph rated tire on my wheelbarrow>:)

Best of on you're search Bro,
my local independent bike shop mounts then spin balances mine
and has seen it on the back of my ride many times:wink2:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice, buy and mount a car tire on a $34K motorcycle to save $50. Yeah, I am sure the Honda engineering team are morons not to design the Goldwing to use automotive tires. Very bizarre.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

Phil this shop mounted a couple tires for me a few years back when I tried a CT, I bought the tire from them so I don't know if that made a difference and of course it was for my trailer. If you have trouble getting it inspected with a CT I know of a garage that will inspect it.

https://unitedtire.com/tires-auto-repair-bethlehem-pa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts