GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many are going out there? I know all 3 Gl riders i our group are darksiders.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I wii be there there, just put on a new kumho rf for the trip.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Made the trade.

After many months of contemplation. The Darkside has lured me over. Purchased a Pirelli Eufori RF from a board member,had my local service station install it for $6.50 on a rim and placed it on the Wing last Wednesday. Been riding close to home to get use to the difference from a rear MC tire. I will give it a try to Montrose and through the twisties at RG. I am going to bring my extra rear MC tire as a backup, just in case the rear Pirelli explodes in a fiery blast of hot rubber!:22yikes: PODO and JEFF T made me do it! The force is great with them!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just installed a new Kumho and will be leaving the Ozarks Sunday morn. See ya there.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I'll be there in my double darkside outfit.

Should arrive Monday afternoon. :)

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I was just wondering how many are going out there? I know all 3 Gl riders i our group are darksiders.
George make sure you tell them about my cookies and see if you can get them all to come to Wi. and get their share.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bet Randy. I think podo already is forming a plan to get cookies.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Did I hear someone mention Darksider cookies?:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Did I hear someone mention Darksider cookies?:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Ummmmmm they're Goooooddddd! Just got mine this afternoon.
Randy, be sure and thank Betty for those great Heathbar tollhouse cookies! And thanks again for meeting up and showing me another great way back towards my sons house.
How was your ride back?
Stu

·
Lost Member
150 Posts
I'll be there, as a matter of fact I'm already here, and have a bran new
Michelin Alpin on the back. So far a nice tire. Going to test it out in the ROCKIES (GOLD). In Estes Park for the next two days, RMNP.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
I was just wondering how many are going out there?
Well, I think that I'll probably go. We'll have to see what the schedule holds for then.
I think I was involved with something during that time though...

George make sure you tell them about my cookies and see if you can get them all to come to Wi. and get their share.
So let me get this straight, I HAVE to come up there to get my share of darkside cookies??

No way to get our fellow Darksiders to transport a bag of cookies to here?

You bet Randy. I think podo already is forming a plan to get cookies.
Yep, see above....

In Estes Park for the next two days, RMNP.
Have you done Devils Gulch yet?

You REALLY should.

I wanted to do a "Tin Cup on a Wing" Colorado car tire tour.

But not having the time to pre-ride such a thing, I would not want to send anyone on such an adventure.

Flint Hills and JeffT can attest to PODOs Adventure tours first hand.

I do my best to take unsuspecting flatland tourists to remote places and then ride off and try to loose them.
And that's after I drag them around Colorado all day without feeding them.

Those guys just wouldn't stay lost, they kept up with me through the most harrowing twisties I could throw at them.

Do we need segregated parking or anything??

Wouldn't want this to spread to other innocent bystanders....

No telling what could happen.

·
Lost Member
150 Posts
Have you done Devils Gulch yet?

You REALLY should.

Got it in today after getting a motel. Nice little road, did it both directions.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Ummmmmm they're Goooooddddd! Just got mine this afternoon.
Randy, be sure and thank Betty for those great Heathbar tollhouse cookies! And thanks again for meeting up and showing me another great way back towards my sons house.
How was your ride back?
Stu
You bet I will and anytime your back in Wi. Give me a holler and we will ride all day on our alphabet roads !
So let me get this straight, I HAVE to come up there to get my share of darkside cookies??
See problem with having a bag delivered all you will get is an empty bag. I have been told they never make it to the state line. ;) I sometimes personally deliver if I am heading that way . But do not see west in my future till I head to Alaska in a few years. So bottom line is Darkside cookies are available for your pickup in Wi. at your convince.:thumbup: Cheese curds,Darkside cookies, pie, and us Wi. Board guys to ride with ,,,,come on it does not get any better than that.

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
See problem with having a bag delivered all you will get is an empty bag. I have been told they never make it to the state line.
I understand your concern and bow :bow: to your experience in this matter. I already have plenty of empty bags...
I guess I'll just have to force myself to come up there and get some for myself someday.

Cheese curds,Darkside cookies, pie, and us Wi. Board guys to ride with ,,,,come on it does not get any better than that.
You are right again, I'll just have to settle for riding with some of those Wisconsin forum guys out here for now.

And it does NOT get any better than that!

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW, anyone coming to Wisconsin for cookies has to let me know also. That way I can show up and share in the cookies. Yummy!!! Hey Randy you are right you are rubbing off on me.....lol

·
Registered
901 Posts
You bet I will and anytime your back in Wi. Give me a holler and we will ride all day on our alphabet roads !

See problem with having a bag delivered all you will get is an empty bag. I have been told they never make it to the state line. ;) I sometimes personally deliver if I am heading that way . But do not see west in my future till I head to Alaska in a few years. So bottom line is Darkside cookies are available for your pickup in Wi. at your convince.:thumbup: Cheese curds,Darkside cookies, pie, and us Wi. Board guys to ride with ,,,,come on it does not get any better than that.
Lets ride!
Lots to see and eat in Wisconsin!

When you guys do Devils Gulch, stop at the McGreggor Ranch museum. Well worth the $5 for the tour of the working ranch from the early 1900s. I was there 2 weeks ago.

Also do the rt 14 through about 90 miles of canyon beauty! Great ride! Then take the 9 south to Silverthorne and points south.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts