GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dash and OEM GPS electrics go out for a second or two when I hit hard road bumps. This hapens a couple of times per week. All fuses appear to be well seated. What is causing this?​

I recently got the Traxxion upgrade, though I don't see how this has anything to do with this.​

·
Registered
524 Posts
Could be as simple as the multi-display control connector under the meter panel. The connectors under there would have been disconnected to work on the front suspension. Could just be loose.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,593 Posts
My dash and OEM GPS electrics go out for a second or two when I hit hard road bumps. This hapens a couple of times per week. All fuses appear to be well seated. What is causing this?​

I recently got the Traxxion upgrade, though I don't see how this has anything to do with this.​
Are your gauges going dead as well?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gauges work during the really brief period of time when my dash electrics goes down (I think). I have a voltage LED that shows that my voltage drops below 12 volts for a second or so, and this makes my xm radio go out for that time as well. Then everything comes back to normal. Really bugs the heck out of me.

It happened again to me going over the Raritan river bridge on the Jersey GSP today.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,593 Posts
OK, where is your voltmeter hooked up at, directly to the battery or from an aux power connector under the pocket? This sounds like a loose battery cable.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Loose battery cable or your plates in your battery could be just close enough to a short for a bump to cause them to touch.

String theory states that's what caused the big bang. Two separate universes bumping 'branes....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts