GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This dash mount came off a 2007. It will fit a 2007 and may fit other years, but I only know for sure that it will fit a 2007.

You will need to remove your windscreen and drill two holes into your dash for this to work. The previous installer used two rubber expansion anchors which I have yet to remove. You can see them in the second picture. Also included is a crosspiece that bolts to the mount and hangs off the side. I think the original owner had his radar detector mounted here. This is a rock solid device and remains well below the windscreen area.

I do not know who made/sold these. Never seen one like it before.

$35 shipped. PayPal accepted.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe two of a kind. I have one on my 03 trike. :laugh:
And no, I don't know where it came from, either. It was there when I bought it.
Yours must be the prototype.?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Jon Mounts were made by Jon Sargent out in state of Washington. He made and sold several of these mounts including the one on my 04. Jon made these and other uniquely and expertly designed add-ons for the Goldwing.
The mount works great and puts the GPS in a wonderful position, particularly the Zumo 550 which was the best made at the time, and in my opinion are still the best GPS for motorcycle use. You might guess that I have and use a Zumo 550.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the original owner used a Zumo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.