GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know where I can find a GPS (5" Garmin) mount that attaches to the dash? I've seen a few in various pictures but have had no luck locating one. I searched RAM Mount website but no luck there either.:shrug: I like the idea of being able to look down just slightly from the road vs. down and left or right to see GPS. Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hoo and Loop....aka Velcrok

Do any of you know where I can find a GPS (5" Garmin) mount that attaches to the dash? I've seen a few in various pictures but have had no luck locating one. I searched RAM Mount website but no luck there either.:shrug: I like the idea of being able to look down just slightly from the road vs. down and left or right to see GPS. Thanks
I velcroed mine to the upper left speaker cover. Looks OK and travels safely. Not much help though if you are particular about presentation over functionality. I used to ride a VStrom so presentation was never at the forefront.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dash Moint

Suggest you contact a member of this board who makes them. His name is Yoda. Try pm'ing him.
coop

·
Registered
195 Posts
+1 on the Yoda Mount. I have one and have no complaints and it is well made.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yoda is the man(?)

I have three Yoda mounts: one for Doran TPMS, one for Garmin 765T, one for Valentine Radar Detector.
Yoda can make custom mounting plates for just about anything. The one for the Valentine is a perfect fit so is the one for the Doran. The diamond shaped plate is also a perfect fit to my Ram GPS mount. One bit of advice, I asked Yoda to leave the mounting tape off of the Valentine mount as I sometimes take the mount off the bike. Even without the tape the mount is very secure. Yoda's mounts are five stars out of five, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
just google ram mounts and it will direct you to web site that has the hardware to mount any gps

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Good is the direction of friends . Nothing is what Yoda now provides in this Galaxy. Friendship is the need in the force. Strong is the Dark Side and always ready.
View attachment 51959 Cautious Yoda is.
Glad to hear that!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Remove the windshield & drill 3 1/4 holes into the dash, then use rubber expanding nuts (available @ Lowe's ) in the holes & bolt it on..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts