GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I got a black one with the eagle at wing ding. It was 35 bucks there. Looks like the same company.

It keeps reflefections off the tulsa at night from the gauges, keeps the sun off the lcd for the most part, and generally looks cool.

A little different than most of the add ons you see.

The eagle reflects in the windshield during the day as a "projection". It's kind of cool. Looks like the eagle is flying ahead of you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am giving some thought to adding the dash visor to lessen the potential for sun damage to the speedometer. I live in Kansas and the sun can get pretty intense.

I am curious how you are feeling about the dash visors now that you have had more time with them.

Are there any competing products that provide shade to the gauges. I have exchanged some e-mails with knightwolff but the dash mat apparently does not provide any shade.

http://www.knightwolff.com/

Don
03 Goldwing ABS
Candy Red
Newton, KS

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
It only shades the instruments at certain sun angles.

I've had it for a little over six months and it's staying on my bike, unlike about 2/3 of the accessories I have bought.

Whether you like something like this is really kind of like whether you think a girl is pretty. Just personal taste.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lazyboy said:
It only shades the instruments at certain sun angles.

I've had it for a little over six months and it's staying on my bike, unlike about 2/3 of the accessories I have bought.

Whether you like something like this is really kind of like whether you think a girl is pretty. Just personal taste.
What he said.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dash Visor Came Today

Thanks for the updates on your experiences with the Dash Visor. I am hearing the reports about melting dash gauges and would like to find a solution to keep the sun away when the bike is parked. I like the idea of the Dash Visor because it does not require me to put put something over the gauges when I stop. It looks like the Dash Visor would be a reasonable solution.

Don
03 GL1800 ABS
Candy Red
Newton, KS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts