GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been informed that Dauntless and Add-On hitches are made by the same company. Any truth to this or just BS?
Also, does either attach to the frame itself, not just the sub-frame?
Road agent

B

·
0 Posts
I cannot speak if they are both made by the same mfgr but they both will attach to the main frame in at least one place but the vertical loading is dampened by attaching to the secondary frame on both hitches.

Rivco, Bushtec, and Hitch Doc are the only hitches that attach to the main frame in all positions including vertical load dampening.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've been using a Dauntless hitch for some 35k miles over 3 years with no issues whatsoever. I tow either a KK or an Escapade trailer.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I cannot speak if they are both made by the same mfgr but they both will attach to the main frame in at least one place but the vertical loading is dampened by attaching to the secondary frame on both hitches.

Rivco, Bushtec, and Hitch Doc are the only hitches that attach to the main frame in all positions including vertical load dampening.
+1 I would not use any Hitch other than the three identified above to pull my trailer. JMHO

Fred

07 Blue Wing/Mini-Mate camper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts