GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:luck:Last weekend we made our way to New Hampton Iowa for the Davis Motorcycle Rally. It was a great 1500 mile round trip with no wind or adverse weather conditions.:biker: If you have never attended this Rally you should give it a try, Very nice little town with very friendly people and a well run low key event.:yes1: There seemed to be a drop off of vendors but the crowds seemed to be up over last year. Had a good number of people asking questions about our Kumho. Not one bad comment they all wanted to know about our feelings on the tire wear, ride, handling etc. Some were already running a CT or knew someone who was running a CT. Many are thinking of making the change, I think the lights are coming one in the realm of the Darkside.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed the Davis Rally.
We have been going to it since 1990.
The crowd was up but down on vendors,
I talked to a few and they said it would be back up next year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is that the big swap meet they have in Iowa each yr. ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:luck:No you might be thinking of the Motorcycle & Parts Swap meet put on by J&P Cycles in Anamosa, Iowa 09/18/2011. I am not sure how many years they have been hosting that one. To the best of my knowledge there is not a swap meet in conjunction with the Davis Rally.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
The light will come on, except for those who are a dim bulb!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
No swap meet at Davis

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
:luck:No you might be thinking of the Motorcycle & Parts Swap meet put on by J&P Cycles in Anamosa, Iowa 09/18/2011. I am not sure how many years they have been hosting that one. To the best of my knowledge there is not a swap meet in conjunction with the Davis Rally.
That swap meet in Amamosa almost cost me a divorce several years back. Wife just could understand why I needed another bike in garage. But honey just did not cut it . It was Honda Ascot in cherry shape :cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
The light will come on, except for those who are a dim bulb!:lol::lol::lol:

But if too many people see the light and switch to the darkside would we then become Lightsiders?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:luck:We would then be the force.:bow: May the Force be with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts